clip on risers installed

gallo_se

Guest philbo
Heeee-Haaaaa! finally I had the chance to install the clip on risers built by Jean Marc. They look great, they look strong, and the riding position has improved a lot.

With the standard handlebar it was very tricky to find a good riding position without interfering with the Le Mans fairing. Although I didn't do it on my own I see that the risers fit perfectly inside the fairing, and the clutch and brake reservoirs do not interfere at all.

I'd lik to say: MANY MANY MANY THANKS TO JEAN MARC. Wonderful job!

the server does not allow me to upload pictures now, I will try later.

82202[/snapback]

Being the chicken that I am, I was waiting for someone else to install them first before proceeding with mine. Did you notice any issues with handling from having to raise the forks up through the triple trees (~1/2" from what I can gather)? That's about the only concern I have even though I’ve been assured by many that it won’t make any difference.

So now, I guess I have to take the forks out, send them to Traxxion Dynamics for some new springs and valves then put the new bars on .. It should be a good summer.

Cheers

Hmm....Jean-Marc  what do tou say? I'm not in any hurry to get a set, but I have been thinking along the lines of these or the Williamsburg risers. Is there anyone else to jump in??

82492[/snapback]

I'm interested as well. I just started looking for options to change the risers, specifically two brothers racing but these look much better. My only question would be I have the ohlins forks, I beleive they larger than stock lemans forks at the top of the triple clamp. Also doesn't MPH cycle sell a riser kit for the Lemans?

waspp

Being the chicken that I am, I was waiting for someone else to install them first before proceeding with mine. Did you notice any issues with handling from having to raise the forks up through the triple trees (~1/2" from what I can gather)? That's about the only concern I have even though I’ve been assured by many that it won’t make any difference.

So now, I guess I have to take the forks out, send them to Traxxion Dynamics for some new springs and valves then put the new bars on .. It should be a good summer.

Cheers

82534[/snapback]

The forks are now 1cm shorter, that's right. I did't find any riding disadvantage at the moment. Being the steering higher and shorter, and a little bit larger, due to the clipon risers, the steering is lighter and the bike is a lot easier in low speed manouvers and city traffic.

I'm interested as well. I just started looking for options to change the risers, specifically two brothers racing but these look much better. My only question would be I have the ohlins forks, I beleive they larger than stock lemans forks at the top of the triple clamp. Also doesn't MPH cycle sell a riser kit for the Lemans?

waspp

82582[/snapback]

the V11 Le Mans has 54mm marzocchi forks, I would say that the Rosso or Nero corsa have the same diameter forks, just ohlins.

The MPH riser is different, you apply it to the original clip ons, and you have to cut them. Anyway I didn't have to do longer clutch and brake lines, and it looks it's working ok.

I have the MPH risers on my Nero Corsa. I really like the additional comfort. I have a set of Williamsville risers in the box that I haven't put on my '03/'02 Naked bike. I'm going to give them a try. If they don't work out everybody will see them for sale in a while.

Wick

Should rebuild a new run if there is enough people, not only for 1 or 2 sets because it is quite big work.

And i will readjust the heigh because it was a mistake when me made the big run and few asking sets after.

It was plan to made 1 cm less but i don't understand how me have made such error ... <_>

It is not a problem for all the guys with daytona , cetauro or sport ie but for v11 guys, they must just lower a little the triple clamp.

the V11 Le Mans has 54mm marzocchi forks, I would say that the Rosso or Nero corsa have the same diameter forks, just ohlins.

82973[/snapback]

The Ohlins fitted by Moto Guzzi are also 54mm.

My Ohlins(from Cafe Sport?) was longer than my Marzocchi(from 2000V11S), allowing me to put my clipons on top of the triple clamp, LeMans style.

I have the Convertibars, but Jean Mark's appear to have much better adjustability.

The only advantage of the Convertibars is that you can rise much higher if you lengthen all the cables, but I have no desire to go any higher than the cables allow....will maybe an inch more.

Anybody want to trade their Jean Marc's for a pair of Convertibars?