new tires for v11 teni

fernando

German tires on an Italian motorcycle??

Oh dear :unsure:

83830[/snapback]

Its funny that you buy a name brand & you think thats the country its made in. I thought I'd buy Pirelli tires to keep my bike all Italian. Fact is if you look on the tire it says made in Germany on them. I wouldnt be surprised if many different brands are made in the same factory. It used to be all the tires in the world "practically" were made right here in Akron Ohio. Not anymore <_ my american car was assembled in mexico. some bmw are made north carolina. hondas marysville ohio. at least guzzi still italy for now anyway src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_whistle.gif" alt=":whistle:">

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playing catch-up Van? Just because I put Metzlers on the Scura, you then have to go get them. Did you get black ones? Best colour choice.

83807[/snapback]

Hi'ya BFG !!

So? what about your Metzler tires?? :huh2: any good?

One of the things that l really like about this forum is the fact that you can ask a simple question and you are always sure of a nice, friendly, and knowledgeable reply :D

.....and yes, l got the black ones, they seemed to compliment the white on the fairing rather well ! ......so see BFG? we're not so different you and l after all, both ride V11 Guzzi's with "light weight" clutches, l figure your weather and road conditions would be much the same as ours....(both on an lsland, lots'a rain and drizzle, pretty cool year round )...on and on :D

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I put on some Conti Road Attacks after 6K on the stockers. They worked extremely well on the trip from SF to LA two weeks ago, good wet and dry, better turn in, more stable and better grip. The tire says "Road Attack" in lettering about 1/8 inch deep on the tread, and it is gone in the middle of the rear tire after the 600 mile ride, so we will see if it lasts the rumored 5K.

Fernando, I replaced my OE Bridgestones with Continentals, the basement ContiForce type. I downsized the rear to a 170/60 at the same time. I have found them to be a significant improvement over the original. I had too many scary moments of the rear end sliding on unseen pea gravel. A couple times I stopped immediately as it felt like my rear tyre had instantly deflated. I'm not saying the Continentals don't do it, but they offer me so much more confidence inspiring grip when cornering. Before I would deliberately run wide on a corner that I saw gravel on. Now I don't worry, if the rear does slide it's all over as soon as it started. Strangely the front end has never given me any moments at all.

Rob

Hi'ya BFG !!

So? what about your Metzler tires??  :huh2: any good?

One of the things that l really like about this forum is the fact that you can ask a simple question and you are always sure of a nice, friendly, and knowledgeable reply :D

84111[/snapback]

Yes.

ff_in_desert_small.JPGff_in_desert_small.JPGwell the day for the new tires is 4/11. going with the michelin pilots road whic i was told by rockwell cycles in ft.montgomery new york that this is the tire most riders here are going into .

he sadi that the road holding is the same as the power but agin,i do not go into the track with this bike so ....

the metzelers i like also. i have them in my bmw 1982 r100rs and just had a new set installed on my way to daytona.but it is 2 different type of bikes and eras.

italian bikes with german rubber ???/

well ,was it not the germans who grabbed mussolini from the fortress where he was being held ??

yes , i know....and looked at what happened afterwards.........but the pirellis ???/everytime i have had them on any of my cars ,they have been a disaster...........

REMEMBER ,WHEN IN ITALY,BUY SHOES ,SUITS ,EAT PIZZA ,

BUT DO NOT BUY REFIRGERATORS,CARS OR MOTORCYCLES

WHEN IN GERMANY ,DO NOT BUY SHOES PIZZA,BUT DO BUY THEIR CARS AND MOTORCYCLES

WHEN IN ENGLAND ,BUY SHOES AND SUITS ,AVOID CARS ,MOTORCYCLES ,ROLLS ROYCES (UNLESS THEY HAVE BMW --GERMAN ENGINES )

AND WHEN IN FRANCE ,.....DRINK WINE,AND BUY NOTHING.

ff_in_desert_small.JPGff_in_desert_small.JPGAND WHEN IN FRANCE ,.....DRINK WINE,AND BUY NOTHING.

84511[/snapback]

Par contre, my friend, I just bought an immaculate 1996 Jaguar-Daimler with 30,000m on the clock, for very little money, IN FRANCE!

Still working on the itinerary!

Regards,

Bob

I just got my *free* Pirelli front tire today. I'm going to have the front mounted tomorrow. Maybe I'll get motivated and do the back tire tomorrow too. In either case I'll report in on how well that new Strada front works. Come to think of it the back tire only has about 3k miles on it so I think I'll leave it on awhile yet.