Your Opinion: Track Day Suit?

orangeokie

I'm in the market for a track suit. Does anyone have any opinions (and/or personal experience) about these selections?

Click pics for detail

3592.jpg

e3151133048.jpg

falcon_5_1pc.jpg

Orange ---------------

Be a MAN --and get a CUSTOM job from Bates. You're too damn old to be dressing like a SQUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (so am I..........)

v....................

I just got a custom set from PSI and they are so well made and nice fitting. I am astounded at the quality. They even did the Guzzi logo across the front and you can hardly tell where the zipper cuts through the logo. I'll try and get some photo's. They are very breathable as well.

I just got a custom set from PSI and they are so well made and nice fitting. I am astounded at the quality. They even did the Guzzi logo across the front and you can hardly tell where the zipper cuts through the logo. I'll try and get some photo's. They are very breathable as well.

83295[/snapback]

Jim, Who's is PSI?

Orange ---------------

Be a MAN --and get a CUSTOM job from Bates.  You're too damn old to be dressing like a SQUID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (so am I..........)

v....................

83293[/snapback]

So you want him to dress as an orange fruit :huh2:

fruit.jpg

I have Bates leathers and they are fantastic quality. http://www.batesleathers.com/

Custom fitting makes the difference....now if my belly would just stop growing :(

Z leathers also has a great reputation.

http://www.zcustom.com/

as does Vanson

http://www.vansonleathers.com/

Guest bshpilot

Friend of mine has Z leathers....liked 'em alot <he only got to wear 'em

twice...but they probably saved 'em when he hit the guardrail at 100>

personally i bought and use a 2piece jacket/pants that zip better than

two-thirds 'round the waste...

my experiance is if its a one piece suit im less inclinded to wear it on

the street...so at least i get some use outta the jacket rather than

leaving the entire thing at home in a closet.

Custom made is usally the best way to go and genrally not that much more expensive. I have a set from Tiger Angel www.tigerangel.com.au excellent service there is no different in leather thickness or armour between thier bottom of the range and top of the range, its literally colours and styles. Unfortuantly they have been down the road couple of time too and they have held up very very well. Most happy the best bit is if there is any problem I can ring them up talk to them in English and they are usually very happy to help.

Guest geno929
Custom made is usally the best way to go and genrally not that much more expensive. I have a set from Tiger Angel www.tigerangel.com.au excellent service there is no different in leather thickness or armour between thier bottom of the range and top of the range, its literally colours and styles. Unfortuantly they have been down the road couple of time too and they have held up very very well. Most happy the best bit is if there is any problem I can ring them up talk to them in English and they are usually very happy to help.

83346[/snapback]

In my opinion, coustom made leathers are VERY EXPENSIVE, although they do fit better. Many premade suits are good, AGV, Kushitani, Daineese Etc. Just be careful and try to get one made from cowhide, NOT Goatskin. Goatskin rips easily.

Also, put it on and wear the suit for and hour or so to get used to it. They fit better while you are bent over.

Also, if your not going to be racing or doing many track days, check out a two piece suit. Comfortable and much more versitile.They must zip together for you to use them on the track. Triumph make some very nice and affordable two piece suits! I have two of them. One for summer and one for winter. Geno929.

Buy the best suit that you can afford :thumbsup:

For the track, I like the one piece suits. Reason being, you are less likely to have a problem with a zipper letting loose in a crash. If you do use a two piece suit, having a 360 degree zipper around the waist is best. Ones that just go part way could be a problem if you go down and slide feet first, the jacket could raise up and you will end up with road rash on your stomach (you could duct tape the two piece together, but it is a pain).

I am also a firm believer in the speed hump, while this does make the suit more streamline it will save your neck in a crash.

Make sure the suit fits snug, a loose fitting suit will move around if you go down and believe me, the pads will not be where they are suppost to be (between you and the tarmac).

All suits fit differently, try on as many as possible to find one that fits the best. I can fit into three different sizes by different manufactures so be careful if you buy online.

Another thing to think about is if you are going to be using a back protector under the suit (recommended). You might need more room inside the leathers. Also, many suits seem to be coming with out any or very little padding around the hips, you may want to wear padded briefs under the leathers as well. The pavement is unforgiving if you take a tumble.

Here is a picture of my $800. dollar Kangaroo Moto GP suit, I think I will try Alpinestars next :glare: Note, I was riding well with in my limits but sh!t happens when on two wheels.

Mike

Buy the best suit that you can afford :thumbsup:

Another thing to think about is if you are going to be using a back protector under the suit (recommended). 

83363[/snapback]

Two sentiments I highly agree with.

I have started wearing a spine protector for most riding now. I have two. One actually can be worn outside a light jacket but I prefer it inside but over my shirt. The other is a raceing version with better lateral play that I use under my leathers.

The distributor asks that you take their measurement chart and be measured by a regular tailor. Their computer program will adapt those measurements to the sitting position as on a motorcycle . I was a little leery but when I first tried them on the fit was incredible. When I ride my bike with them i don't feel any binding or discomfort. They truly fit like a glove and it is so easy to move around on the bike. They are a little uncomfortable standing straight up but I don't plan to wear them to the Governors Ball!!