Marzocchi fork

mdude

All V11 models have the Marzocchi fork except: Scura, Scura R, Rosso/Nero Corsa, Coppa Italia, Café Sport. These were all mounted with Öhlins goodies. The Tenni also has a Marzocchi fork, but with gold anodized fork legs.

Note: In 2003 the Marz's were updated with a newer version. And before that at one point they decided to use larger diameter tubes. Don't know when that happened.

I believe the Sport1100/Daytona had WP forks mounted.

I believe the Sport1100/Daytona had WP forks mounted.

Yes they have a good WP fork (better than Marzoochi one), but i think their WP is a little shorter than V11 fork.

Paul could confirm this point.

there are no other guzzi with the same marzochi forks. In the v11, 4 types of marzocchi were mounted. The first series came with 2 series of silver anodisized forks, and the later ones had first 40 mm and later 43mm forks. The 43mm ones with hollow front axcle. The first daytona and sport 1100 carb had marzocchi but that ware no upside down forks. The sport 1100i, daytona rs and centauro had the same wp forks. They were be 10mm shorter.

mdude,

If you are looking for replacement forks for your 01 Sport, you will need a fork from a 2000 to a 2001 model. The 2002 and newer forks are longer due to the clip-ons above the forks. You can use these but the forks will stick up about 1inch above the triples. Also the late 2003 models used the hollow axle which would be another issue.

Mike

Can anyone list the other Guzzis which use the same Zocchi?

Thanks.

84029[/snapback]

mdude,

If you are looking for replacement forks for your 01 Sport, you will need a fork from a 2000 to a 2001 model.  The 2002 and newer forks are longer due to the clip-ons above the forks.  You can use these but the forks will stick up about 1inch above the triples.  Also the late 2003 models used the hollow axle which would be another issue.

Mike

84220[/snapback]

well, no replacement. I have spoken to a local Ohlins-dealer about replacement springs, but he cant find out which type of fork this is since Guzzis are quite rare up here, so I must come up with some other models which have it.

But in honesty, I have given up on the guy and placed an order at Wilbers last evening...

thanks for all help

Guest ratchethack
some Moto GP teams are going for forks with seperate adjusters on each fork leg just like the 'zocchis fitted on the first V11s.

:( But, but...."popular wisdom" has it that this design is crap!

Among other evils, it's always been said that it leads to fork binding, disk brake conniptions, demon-posessed steering, neuritis, neuralgia, and the heartbreak of psoriasis! :o

Though our first qualified report of any of this has somehow yet to come in...even after all these years.... <_<

:grin: