Oil Return Line

guzzijack

Can anyone tell me the size of the banjo bolt that holds the oil return (drain) line to the lower part of the spine frame on the V11 Sport?

Need to know because I'm going to weld and tap the return on my Tonti frame to accept the return for a V11S motor.

Cheers

Graham

Graham,

The oil return line (drain) that goes from the spine frame to the oil sump on the V11 is huge (16mm.).

I don't know if you can weld that big of nut on the Tonti frame or not. I would like to see the end result for my project.

Another way to eliminate the oil return line and also the engine oil cooler is to install the deep V oil sump which has a central oil pickup. Costly but worth it.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...pe=post&id=2187

Mike

Can anyone tell me the size of the banjo bolt that holds the oil return (drain) line to the lower part of the spine frame on the V11 Sport?

Need to know because I'm going to weld and tap the return on my Tonti frame to accept the return for a V11S motor.

Cheers

Graham

84394[/snapback]

Graham,

The oil return line (drain)  that goes from the spine frame to the oil sump on the V11 is huge (16mm.).

I don't know if you can weld that big of nut on the Tonti frame or not.  I would like to see the end result for my project.

Another way to eliminate the oil return line and also the engine oil cooler is to install the deep V oil sump which has a central oil pickup.  Costly but worth it.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...pe=post&id=2187

Mike

84419[/snapback]

Mike,

I've had a look at the available banjo bolts after measuring the I/D of the return fitting at the engine. The match would be an M12 bolt for a 6.5mm I/D. So that's the size that the new spigot on the Tonti cross rail needs to be able to accommodate.

I'm doing it in a few hours and if you mail me direct at guzzijack@yahoo.co.uk I'll send a pic when it's done.

I can have custom hydraulic/oil lines made up for small money so this is certainly a cheaper option than sourcing a deep V sump! Not sure that would be doable anyway as I'm keeping the bellypan fairing and even trying to stuff a small oil cooler in there as well so not a lot of room to spare.

Graham

I'm doing it in a few hours and if you mail me direct at guzzijack@yahoo.co.uk I'll send a pic when it's done.

84477[/snapback]

Now don't be selfish. Start a thread and show your project as it unfolds. I'm sure there's more than a few who'd be intrested. It does have V11 content.

You could even use this one :)