RaceTech gold valve emulators from Honda CBR900RR adapted to fit

Front forks raised 1/2" in triple clamps to lower front end

Mistral mufflers

Stucchi crossover

Ferracci airbox top eliminator with BMC filter

PCIII

Magnecor red 8.8mm wires

I have to add yet

Fork Springs (Suzuki GSXR .95kg/mm from sonicsprings.com sitting in basement)

14" Wilburs shocks (next month hopefully)

Also have to re-source some custom logos for the now bare side covers. Everything was painted to match the factory finish. The finish and mechanical work on the frame rails and the paint color really give it the look like it rolled out of Mandello that way.

I kept all the stock parts so I can turn it back when it eventually goes up for sale in a few years because the trailer towing-swanee aerofoil types would be more likely to buy it that way.

Riding positon is more 'sporting' now

PICT0652.jpg

PICT0651.jpg

PICT0649.jpg

PICT0648.jpg

PICT0644.jpg

Very clean look! :bier:

Just about finished mine...

It has....

STYLE ELEMENTS:

Buell Blast flyscreen with modified brackets from a Buell M2

painted with stripe to match the stock stripe on gas tank

Easton Protaper bars - Honda CR High bend with Magura risers from Kawasaki KX

series dirtbike and custom spacers

CRG bar end mirror

Barender helmet lock

repositioned stock rear fender

Cali titanium series front fender

Triumph/Lucas brakelight

Buell Blast turnsignals with custom made mounts.  rear ones mount to

rear frame struts with wires run internally in frame

late 70's Convert frame rails modified to move Stone foot controls 6" back

and 3/4" up.  Uses all stock Stone foot controls and brackets.  Frame rails look

as though they came factory stock that way, including police sidestand

and new custom kickstand stop.  Even managed to keep the kickstand

pivot cover off of the Stone. Heel portion of shifter REMOVED and

rechromed to maintain factory look.

Passenger pegs and their mounts milled off of stock aluminum hangers

Rider pegs are sourced from Harley aftermarket with modified mounting adapters

from a Honda Shadow to fit stock Guzzi clevis mounts

Corbin seat

PERFORMANCE ELEMENTS:

dual front rotors w/master cylinder from Aprilia Falco and Spiegler line

7:33 rear drive

RaceTech gold valve emulators from Honda CBR900RR adapted to fit

Front forks raised 1/2" in triple clamps to lower front end

Mistral mufflers

Stucchi crossover

Ferracci airbox top eliminator with BMC filter

PCIII

Magnecor red 8.8mm wires

I have to add yet

Fork Springs (Suzuki GSXR .95kg/mm from sonicsprings.com sitting in basement)

14" Wilburs shocks (next month hopefully)

Also have to re-source some custom logos for the now bare side covers.  Everything was painted to match the factory finish.  The finish and mechanical work on the frame rails and the paint color really give it the look like it rolled out of Mandello that way.

I kept all the stock parts so I can turn it back when it eventually goes up for sale in a few years because the trailer towing-swanee aerofoil types would be more likely to buy it that way.

PICT0652.jpg

PICT0651.jpg

PICT0649.jpg

PICT0648.jpg

PICT0644.jpg

84658[/snapback]

Hi Jeff,

Looks cool especially the Buell flyscreen which suits the bike fine.

Good job, mate! :drink:

I went to my garage yesterday and my Scura is still under the surgeon's knife. Valves are to be adjusted and the Pirelli Diablos are awaiting in the corner. But next week.....

Ride safe

Søren

Jeff, your Tonti looks sharp! Really nice clean looking ride, i've often thought of building a square head tonti so you got the wheels turning again.

waspp

Just got to love the Tonti :)

Jeff, great job :thumbsup:

I have a Tonti in the works too, started out like you but with a 2000 Jackal. While the foot and bar position were OK, I prefered lower bars and after changing the bars and risers as you did, the foot position was way too far forward. :homer:

Soooo, searching and searching I found a few that had put on the earlier foot peg brackets and controls and I was going that direction. One thing led to another and I ended up putting on a set of Lemans I rearsets and lower frame rails. This was an unknown a few years back and know one knew if the parts were interchangable. My small project turned out being bigger and bigger, I have been side tracked as well more times than I remember.

cafe_project1.jpg

The stats are now or soon to be:

Dual front brakes

Special Sport front fender

Lemans I fuel tank

Lemans I rear fender

Lemans I Corbin saddle

Lemans I lower frame rails

Lemans I rearsets

Lemans I exhaust

1000S rear swingarm

EV rear tubeless wheel

Vortex clip-ons

And after talking to Vintagegear on this web site, I have now got the fire lit to work on my project Tonti.

I just installed the shorter swingarm yesterday and to my surprise it fit like a glove :notworthy: I have to do some cutting and welding to move the upper shock mount 60mm forward, but the holes and mounting bracket are still there from the older Tonti's :lol:

The bad news is now I am thinking of going with a Ducati seat and tail, perhaps even with a full fairing. Will this project ever be completly done?Tonti_8.jpg

The endguzzi2_13.jpg

Mike

Guest Jeff in Ohio
Just got to love the Tonti :)

Jeff, great job :thumbsup:

I have a Tonti in the works too, started out like you but with a 2000 Jackal.  While the foot and bar position were OK, I prefered lower bars and after changing the bars and risers as you did, the foot position was way too far forward.  :homer:

Soooo, searching and searching I found a few that had put on the earlier foot peg brackets and controls and I was going that direction.  One thing led to another and I ended up putting on a set of Lemans I rearsets and lower frame rails.  This was an unknown a few years back and know one knew if the parts were interchangable.  My small project turned out being bigger and bigger, I have been side tracked as well more times than I remember.

post-26-1143995883_thumb.jpg

The stats are now or soon to be:

Dual front brakes

Special Sport front fender

Lemans I fuel tank

Lemans I rear fender

Lemans I Corbin saddle

Lemans I lower frame rails

Lemans I rearsets

Lemans I exhaust

1000S rear swingarm

EV rear tubeless wheel

Vortex clip-ons

And after talking to Vintagegear on this web site, I have now got the fire lit to work on my project Tonti.

I just installed the shorter swingarm yesterday and to my surprise it fit like a glove :notworthy:  I have to do some cutting and welding to move the upper shock mount 60mm forward, but the holes and mounting bracket are still there from the older Tonti's :lol:

The bad news is now I am thinking of going with a Ducati seat and tail, perhaps even with a full fairing.  Will this project ever be completly done?post-26-1143996454_thumb.jpg

The endpost-26-1143997739_thumb.jpg

Mike

84710[/snapback]

Now THAT'S a lot of work. I thought about going to an older tank and what not, but wanted to make it look like a factory hot rodded Cali - something that looks like it could have rolled off the factory assembly line.....

A full faring? That would be interesting. Would really like to see that....

84658[/snapback]

whatever, I really like it the way you have it. Too bad guzzi didn't take some styling cues from you and build a roadster style cruiser. I think the actual stones/tit whatevers don't look mean enough.

Jeff,

While I like the way my Tonti project is coming along, I still really like the looks of your bike. I could see my self adding a Stone to my garage in the future. Just some simple mods makes for a really nice looking bike.

How do your forks feel after the Racetech parts were added? And do you have any pictures on how you did it?

Mike

Now THAT'S a lot of work.  I thought about going to an older tank and what not, but wanted to make it look like a factory hot rodded Cali - something that looks like it could have rolled off the factory assembly line.....

A full faring?  That would be interesting.  Would really like to see that....

84715[/snapback]

Guest Jeff in Ohio
Jeff,

While I like the way my Tonti project is coming along, I still really like the looks of your bike.  I could see my self adding a Stone to my garage in the future.  Just some simple mods makes for a really nice looking bike. 

How do your forks feel after the Racetech parts were added? And do you have any pictures on how you did it?

Mike

84726[/snapback]

Go here for my racetech instructions

http://www.guzzitech.com/RaceTechEm-Jeff_B.html

I am still running 2 turns and 15wt oil. I notice a difference over stock. Now when I hit holes, cracks, etc., I dont notice them UNTIL the back wheel hits them! Before, the stock forks trasmitted everyhting. I ran a track day with them and they performed well also. Guzzi stock springs are about .85kg/mm. I am jumping up to .95kg/mm Have some springs from www.sonicsprings.com They sent me a set out of a GSXR750 as the OD of them is with fractions of a mm of the Guzzi ones. Whole kit cost like $75. Guzzitech is selling Wilburs springs also, but they cost more. I am getting a set of shocks from there (1/2" over stock) when I get more $$$$. Hopefully in time for a trackday over in PA. The photographer at the t-day I went to last year really dug the Guzzi - took lots of shots of it becasue it wasn't a blue suzuki or blue yamaha or green kawasaki or red Honda....

next challenge is tires when these wear out! Michelin no longer makes the Macadam 50E and the new Pilot Activ does not come in the right rear size. The Michelins did good at the track day. Pirelli makes a 'Sport Demon' in the right size. Might try those. as the canyon carving tonti boys in California have good luck with them The only other tire available are the rock hard Dunlops the trailer towing swanee aerofoil types like - YUCK. I've figured out how to make alloy wheels to fit it and one of my lab techs at work has access to aluminum wheel blanks. Don't have enough $$ right now though....

Your project just look pretty cool when done. I like the look of clipons but my back doesn't like the feel.....

Jeff,

I just read about the fork upgrade a few days ago at Guzzitech.com, thought it was pretty cool. Guess when my bike hits the road that will be the next step, the suspension. I know I will be needing the Wilbers shocks to get the 14 inch length. Hopefully the fork upgrade will work well, I would hate to change the whole front end like Racer X.

Mike

Go here for my racetech instructions

http://www.guzzitech.com/RaceTechEm-Jeff_B.html

I ma still running 2 turns and 15wt oil.  I notice a difference over stock.  Now when I hit holes, cracks, etc., I dont notice them UNTIL the back wheel hits them!  Before, the stock forks trasmitted everyhting.  I ran a track day with them and they performed well also.  Guzzi stock springs are about .85kg/mm.  I am jumping up to .95kg/mm  Have some springs from www.sonicsprings.com  They sent me a set out of a GSXR750 as the OD of them is with fractions of a mm of the Guzzi ones.  Whole kit cost like $75.  Guzzitech is selling Wilburs springs also, but they cost more.  I am getting a set of shocks from there (1/2" over stock) when I get more $$$$.  Hopefully in time for a trackday over in PA.  The photographer at the t-day I went to last year really dug the Guzzi - took lots of shots of it becasue it wasn't a blue suzuki or blue yamaha or green kawasaki or red Honda....

Your project just look pretty cool when done.  I like the look of clipons but my back doesn't like the feel.....

84738[/snapback]