Alarm for Breva 1100

Guest Gazdok

Guest Gazdok

:luigi: IS there anybody out there who put an alarm into his Breva?

I am thinking about the kind of integrated MG alarm for a lot of money or alternatively a Datatool one for a little less money.

Also is any one using MG heated grips?

Gazdok

I am thinking about the kind of integrated MG alarm for a lot of money or alternatively a Datatool one for a little less money.

Gazdok

84823[/snapback]

they have heated grips? :lol:

No Way :o

Also I wouldn't think it very common for your bike to be stolen, Rare and hard to move comparetivly. Maybe just get one of those units that pages you if someone sits on it or dinks with it. could be cheaper and easier.

they have heated grips?  :lol:

No Way  :o

Also I wouldn't think it very common for your bike to be stolen, Rare and hard to move comparetivly. Maybe just get one of those units that pages you if someone sits on it or dinks with it. could be cheaper and easier.

84842[/snapback]

Don't you believe it. In this country, motorcycle theft is endemic. Every roadworthy bike I've ever owned has either been stolen or had an attempt on it at some time. I've had a friend who was been kept in his home by superglued locks and taped windows whilst a gang emptied his garage. They had even cut the telephone wires for the whole street - this was before mobile technology was common. At one time, there was a thriving cottage industry in certain dealers selling spare keys to new bikes. You buy your new machine, take it home, walk in the house to get your spouse to show off the new purchase, come out to find it gone. I honestly don't know anyone who hasn't suffered from this.

An alarm and multiple locks, preferably ones that anchor the machine to something immoveable, are mandatory.

It's not only cheap fuel that you've got going for you.......

Jesus! around here I've accidently left the key in the ignition when I went into a store to do some shopping and it was still there untouched. Around these parts ppl have more respect for the bikers and they must just be harder to offload, plus lots and lots of the criminal element probably don't know how to ride a bike here :huh2: where do all the hot properties go over there?

Sorry except Harleys, They get stolen a lot. Mostly because of all the custom work thats been getting done on them its easy to strip it add new parts and get it retitled.

Jesus! around here I've accidently left the key in the ignition when I went into a store to do some shopping and it was still there untouched. Around these parts ppl have more respect for the bikers and they must just be harder to offload, plus lots and lots of the criminal element probably don't know how to ride a bike here  :huh2: where do all the hot properties go over there?

84954[/snapback]

I've done that, too. But it was anchored to a HUGE piece of concrete.

It either gets "joyridden" to extinction or some shithead will buy it. When my V50 was stolen about four years ago, it eventually turned up when the new owner tried to re-register it. He was (is) a policeman. _Really_ should have known better.........

mike

Gazdok

84823[/snapback]

To get back into topic, I've put a Solalarm on my V65. The authorised dealer who originally put it on made such an arse (put the main starter feed through the unit...) I redid it myself. It's really quite easy, although you may need to get the installation certified to get your Thatcham accreditation. There is a website if yoiu Google the name.

mike