V11 Sport Rocks the Ozarks!

Guest geno929

Oh, it just gets worse and worse.

I had hoped to share some sage advice with the less experienced that thought your exploits worthy of praise.

I have seen 7 deaths up close and personal because of the group riding adrenaline/ testosterone boost. Most riders experience it, especially while young and dumb. I have heard of probably 30 more fatalities in my area since I moved here in '89. Hundreds of less severe injuries, though many life long disabilities. You're the one clearly in denial and living in the fantasy land you spoke about. I haven't heard of one single fatality around here that was a lone rider. ALWAYS in a group. ALWAYS in a group. I've seen less experienced riders roll right off the pavement trying to keep up with the hotshot who just passed by. It happens a lot; this is reality.

I have ridden over a half million miles world wide on the 89 bikes I have owned. At least 20 have seen the track, I've raced from Westwood, B.C. to Willow Springs, CA. Everything from 125 GP to 750 Superbike. (My NSR 250 was the favorite of the lot!)

Jason and Reg are good friends of mine and I've been to 40 or 50 Class School track days. I didn't enjoy the Keith Code approach as much, however and only went to a handfull.

I've run around guys in turn 8 at Willow; they on their 916, 900RR, etc. me on my Aspencade! ( Reg has that on video; you should hear his commentary; I thought he might crash from laughing so hard!) I rode like an idiot on my old RZ350 (street) and am fortunate to be around now without injury. I've seen the right side of 150 MPH indicated on the street and live to tell you how stupid it is, as well. Even with the academic credentials, stupidity often happens when the 'mob mentality' takes over. I've figured it out and you can, too.

Knowledge is power;

Oh well, to the rest of you, have a good ride and try not to kill anyone else in the process.

85929[/snapback]

OK dad. :(

Ciao, Steve G.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest trispeed
Well I must say that I have really started a dialogue that all posters on this forum seem very interested. Trispeed, I respect your opinion of me. Just not your choice of words and wanting to parley your feelings into violence. If I cut you off on the freeway would you chase me down to hit me at the next stoplight? I doubt it! You have too many miles under you feet to do that sort of childish thing. Yes, you might get upset and yell, but you have too much experience in life to not just let it roll off your back! I mean gosh, you have been riding motorcycles as long as I have been alive.

As to the fact that I had never ridden with those guys before. Well, yes, that's true in the fact. But I had been invited to join them. I met them 60 miles south of St.Louis. But, most of those guys I had seen and or met at Gateway Intl Raceway at the various CCS and WERA events and trackdays. And most are members of MCRA too.

The inside pass! This seems to be the biggest bone of contention amongst those that feel that I'm the dangerous kid here. I ride "The Pace" ie:don't cross the center line, ride at your own level, never leave anyone behind etc. I never felt that I was riding above my head, didn't cross the center line, and the inside pass was wide open and at the time "the safest option avaliable!" I'm sorry if you don't believe.

As to hanging back for 15 min. to be alone as I catch up! Kinda defeats the purpose of being invited to ride with these guys, dosen't it? I already hung back quite a ways just to see the way they were riding. See original post.

In the end all of the guys had a great time and shared a lot of comaraderie! Kind of the point to meeting those guys.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. Sorry if I did. I just was very proud of "the ole' girl" and I thought you might be too! Geno929

86030[/snapback]

well put, let's get to the next topic then :)