2nd bike opinions

Guest Barrett82

Have you seen the 06 Tuna in silver/gray. We got one in at MI yesterday. It's gorgeous. Do you like wheelies?

85949[/snapback]

Oh yes Greg, I know all about the wheelies on these. In fact, when I was at M.I. and got a test on a Tuono, and a Mille R, I had been out of hospital but 1 1/2 weeks from surgery. After the ride on the Tuono, I had to return to my doctors office for repairs to the "repairs", [blood all over, sorry for grossing you out guys].

Ciao, Steve G.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Speed Triple is in the running, that Triple wails when it's on the pipe.

85942[/snapback]

I have an 05 S3 and a couple of MGs. Completely different feel. Huge torque and power. Great handling. Brakes and adjustable suspension are great.

19b1b3e5.jpg

Resale better than Aprilia.

I recommend it. It is a blast

Guest Barrett82

And the winner is>>>

06 Speed Triple Black, off road cans, re-mapped, bikini fairing and tank protector.

Got a good deal, course I've bought 5 bikes from them

Pick up next week

Thanks everyone

I have an 05 S3 and a couple of MGs.  Completely different feel.  Huge torque and power.  Great handling.  Brakes and adjustable suspension are great. 

19b1b3e5.jpg

Resale better than Aprilia.

I recommend it.  It is a blast

85959[/snapback]

Good Choice, For me the wife likes this one so it puts it over the top for me, but I still have to test ride it. because the Speed 3, Sup Duke, and the Tuono are still in the running. I wonder why so many people that like the goose like the tunas? they don't look very similar at all. :huh2:

oh and by this one I mean this one:

apparently it can do wheelies too, who knew?

bmw-r1200gs-05-bikepics-355061.jpg

I like this one a lot more tho. This exact one I would say, or the one thats more black

bmw-r-1200-gs-adventure-front.jpg

And the winner is>>>

06 Speed Triple Black, off road cans, re-mapped, bikini fairing and tank protector.

Got a good deal, course I've bought 5 bikes from them

Pick up next week

Thanks everyone

Cool, great choice. Plenty different from the MG. Good luck with it.

I've liked the S3 from the beginning, but the latest is the best. You may want to keep your license pinned to the outside of your jacket as you will probably have to show it often.

Guest Nogbad
I've never liked BMW brakes; on the old ones, old style Brembos used to work really well.

86156[/snapback]

The fact is that the servo brakes on the BMW absolutely need the ABS otherwise they will definitely have you off. I have test ridden two kinds of R1150. I thought the engines rough and vibratory, and the brakes horrible. If you are the kind of rider that practices with his brakes and has a modicum of finesse with them you will hate these servo-assisted abortions unless you have only one finger on your right hand. These brakes are a solution looking for a problem, and the problem doesn't exist outside of disabled riders. Nice of BMW to think of them though.

The fact is that the servo brakes on the BMW absolutely need the ABS otherwise they will definitely have you off.  I have test ridden two kinds of R1150. I thought the engines rough and vibratory, and the brakes horrible. If you are the kind of rider that practices with his brakes and has a modicum of finesse with them you will hate these servo-assisted abortions unless you have only one finger on your right hand. These brakes are a solution looking for a problem, and the problem doesn't exist outside of disabled riders. Nice of BMW to think of them though.

86168[/snapback]

A friend of mine reckons that it's all down to BMW bikes being designed by car design teams, now. I don't know how much truth there is in this. I do know that most of the local lads [well, they're around my age, but French blokes age better than we do] with BMWs have old ones, 6 and 7 series being particularly prized, and wouldn't thank you for a new one. We're talking very experienced guys who have several bikes, and their other bikes are usually Guzzis, Ducatis or Hinckley Triumphs, occasionally Harleys and Voxans.

Bears thinking about.

Guest Nogbad

BMW has "gone weird" lately. The new I4 K1200s are strange looking with odd suspension and very complicated technology.

I would be worried about the life of the engine and all the bells and whistles. Bikers are not car drivers, and will people be willing to pay 4 figure repair and service bills once the bikes are over 5 years old? I don't think so.

My prediction is that the new BMW K series bikes will be dirt cheap on the older secondhand market. I wouldn't buy one.

I've only heard good things about the 1200gs, besides the servo's which they say have been improved over the last ones. So thats what it is I need to try it and I'll know for sure. Plus it wouldn't hurt to ask some more BMW riders that have more than just BMW's around here ppl follow strict brand ownership, or so it seems.

Guest randy
Really only interested in the sport type bikes.

thanks

85834[/snapback]

visually? the new Triumph Thruxston would make a tasty pair.

post-2404-1145182828_thumb.jpg