2nd bike opinions

Guest Barrett82

I too think you should go for something completly different.

I got a aggresive 200cc 2-stoke enduro/cross which I use for

training and winter riding.

If you are not into that thing, buy a small fast sport bike, a nice

a little odd one is the new 675 tripple daytona from Triumph

daytona-675-2006.jpg

:P:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only heard good things about the 1200gs, besides the servo's which they say have been improved over the last ones. So thats what it is I need to try it and I'll know for sure. Plus it wouldn't hurt to ask some more BMW riders that have more than just BMW's around here ppl follow strict brand ownership, or so it seems.

86212[/snapback]

The 1200 GS Adventure is available w/o ABS. Those bikes have 'standard', non-servo, brakes that have a very nice feel.

I was surprised at how much I like the new non-ABS 1200 Adventure !!!

Hey, and with 8.7-gallons of fuel, you can't go wrong!!! 350 miles between fuel stops would be nice out West !!!

For the price, though, I could have three tricked-out Guzzi Quotas... less capable, maybe, but only 1/3 capable. I don't think so...

For a 2nd bike, think about your riding. I have mainly two bikes I ride. Neither is first or second as they have their purpose. The Guzzi is a fun ride for me for day trips and errands. I have done longer and used it for camping, but mainly the more "fun" rides. My Vic is for distance. Another V-twin with lots of personality. 13 and 15 hour (one way) trips in 35 degree weather would be a little tougher on the goose. I have taken the Vic into the twisties at times, but that's not what it was made for either.

So like some others have said... if you already have a sport bike, get something completely different. Heck, even a scooter, motorcross, etc etc...

For a 2nd bike, think about your riding.  I have mainly two bikes I ride.  Neither is first or second as they have their purpose.  The Guzzi is a fun ride for me for day trips and errands.  I have done longer and used it for camping, but mainly the more "fun" rides.  My Vic is for distance.  Another V-twin with lots of personality.  13 and 15 hour (one way) trips in 35 degree weather would be a little tougher on the goose.  I have taken the Vic into the twisties at times, but that's not what it was made for either.

So like some others have said... if you already have a sport bike, get something completely different.  Heck, even a scooter, motorcross, etc etc...

86248[/snapback]

Many good points here but for the price I'd like the street bob I just can't shake the looks of that one. I also really do like that triumph 675 BUUUUUUHHHHHT is it just me or did they rebadge a ninja? I like it more than the ninja but it looks real similar. I can't wait to go test riding this summer, you've all put way too many ideas in my head but I'm not getting a second bike until next summer I need to 'sleep' on it so to speak, maybe get a low miles used one of whatever I'm looking for too. Buying new isn't usually the best way to go.