Another lurker...

Tom M

Thanks again for all the comments, suggestions, welcomes and congratulations. I'm very happy to be joining the group. :D

Nobody has mentioned Guzziology yet one way or the other. Is this something that I should put on my Father's Day wish list?

Yo Tom...

Hey! My old stompin' grounds. Still up there alot...Ya get to blast around the Quabin for an evening scoot. I'm jelous.  Maybe I'll hook up w/ ya @ the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret

some w/e a.m.

I'd get the relays right off ...about $15 for all five from Dan Prunske (sp)

And I got an xtra spring in my tank bag...I just won't be happy 'less I do it roadside

I guess. But I got 17K on and no sign of troubble (02) $5 ..I forgot where...

How d'ya like it so far? What were you riding?

I think it's kinda neat, ya hung around here for a while first.

Good thinkin' Ya know all the gory details.

Where'd ya get it? What did ya pay? *

*optional

There's a small MG rally in Monson (my home town!) in Sept.

86035[/snapback]

Hey is this rally strictly Guzzi or all Italian bikes? I bought a tonti frame from a guy in MA and he told about an Italian bike rally somewhere out there that happens every year, i'd like to check it out but couldn't remember the details.

Everyones welcome @ the NEMG rally in Monson in sept.

Lotsa Beemers...I've been there some years when there was 40 bikes

and like 4 Guzzis..!! :D

22nd - 24th New England Moto Guzzi Rally, Partridge Hollow Campground, Munson, MA

You also may be thinking of the IMOC in Sturbridge

http://www.imocusa.com/rally2005.htm

Beutiful things to see there...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest str8films
Beautiful bike.

Get the relays

I suppose we could create a list of must have spares.

The gearbox spring has a high failure rate, but the company that makes it can get it to you much faster than most Guzzi parts.

Other parts:

Oil breather hose going from front of spine to top of engine

fuel line

fuel filter

oil filter

oil

spark plugs

light bulbs

valve cover gaskets

oil pan gasket

fuses

a good stock of 6mm allen screws

Lots of tools

valve tappet gauges

spark plug gauges

battery charger

throttle body balancer

computer for PCIII

something to lift bike for tire changes, etc.

large allen for filter cover( I want one, I am still dropping the pan :doh: )

duct tape and zip ties :D

86072[/snapback]

You know, the nut from the front axle works great at spinning off the oil filter cover. Spin off the nut, put it in the cover hole, use the spanner from the tool kit (27mm?) and off she goes with no fuss. Put the cover back on after a new filter goes in, retorque the axle nut and boom pow, yer done...with the oil change.

-m

Hi guys,

I'm a long time lurker who's finally bought a Guzzi.  I'll be picking up my 02 LM this coming Saturday and I'm thrilled!  I would appreciate your thoughts on the following:

I asked the previous owner if he had any problems with the . . . relays, he said no problems at all with them.  Do you advise new owners to replace all of the relays right away?  . . .

Thanks,

Tom

85979[/snapback]

KNOW THE RULES

:bier:

Great purchase. Congrats. Be sure to post up some pics when you bring her home.

Here's another low mileage '02 for sale that I have personally inspected. Tried to buy it before I bought my current Rosso Corsa, but he wasn't sure he wanted to sell it. It looks new! In Rollo Missouri . . . Interstate Motorcycles . . . left click the photo for details.

23.jpg

KNOW THE RULES

:bier:

Great purchase.  Congrats.  Be sure to post up some pics when you bring her home.

Thanks Mr. O'kie. I got the bike home 10 days ago and I've burned 3 tanks of gas through it so far. I love it! I like your sig too :lol: That's a very nice looking LM that you found for sale. I definitely would have checked it out if it was closer to me.

I will order the relays soon but I'm not so sure about the battery because I use Deltran battery tender which apparently doesn't work with the Hawker?

I took a few crummy pictures of the LM while I was snapping pictures of my old Honda for its for sale ad ( I think the Sabre will be sold this afternoon). Here's what I have for pics of the LeMans:

http://img276.imageshack.us/my.php?image=misc0071rn.jpg

http://img276.imageshack.us/my.php?image=misc0062ca.jpg

http://img276.imageshack.us/my.php?image=misc0109up.jpg

http://img276.imageshack.us/my.php?image=misc0114nm.jpg

(I got an error trying to post the images)

Regards,

Tom