aprilia to Moto Guzzi plug and play?

orangeokie

98_feb_06%20004.jpg

Does anyone have a photo of the V11 unit, or could you comfirm if this unit would

plug and play with a an '03 V11 LeMans?

21_oct_05%20001.jpg

Genuine Aprilia European headlight switch for '98-'00.5 Mille, Mille-R, and '00-'03 Falco.

This switch can also be used on '01-'03 Mille, Mille-R, and '02-'05 Tuono.

This headlight switch puts the turnsignal switch in the correct location (above the horn

switch), AND permits you to turn off the headlight.

This part is valuable because it permits you to shut off the headlamp, useful on

trackdays. With this switch you do not have to pull the fuse that controls the

headlights.

Aprilia part no. 8124261

I am pretty sure the connectors are different. I have the US version from my Aprilia days that I am going to use on my Jackal project and I will have to change the terminals and connector.

It also has the switch for the lap timer which won't be used on the Guzzi. Humm, perhaps you could install the Aprilia speedo cluster too :thumbsup:

Mike

Guest ratchethack
With this switch you do not have to pull the fuse that controls the headlights.

Err,....how long does it take you to pull the fuse? :huh2:

Just checkin'... :grin:

EDIT:

This headlight switch puts the turnsignal switch in the correct location (above the horn switch)

The V-11 turnsignal switch IS above the horn switch.

The Aprilia one in y'er photo has it the other way 'round. :huh2:

Well, I just checked the wiring diagram and the guzzi uses a 10 terminal connector and the Aprilia uses a 9 terminal connector, so it will not be a plug and play deal. The terminals are different as well, the Guzzi is a spade design and the Aprilia is more of a bullet design.

Mike

Err,....how long does it take you to pull the fuse? :huh2:

Just checkin'... :grin:

86291[/snapback]

If you pull the fuse to the headlights and stop light on the earlier V11s you also lose the starter.

However you can pull the headlight relay...if you can figure out which one that is.

Not sure what you would do about taillight/stoplight....pull the bulb???Tape it up????

I am sure the trackies on the list no all about it.

here is the v11 2001 version of the second one from top. See: different connector?

But I think the 2003 and newer bikes with switches like the first one might have different connectors.

Why not order the european guzzi switches?

v11 sport

01738030 europa

01738035 usa

the 2002 has this:

I think these are the new style switches.

8 01 73 80 90 1 Dispositivo luci Sx. L.H. lights device Europa

8 01 73 80 95 1 Dispositivo luci Sx. (USA-J-NZ) L.H. lights device (USA-J-NZ)

DSC04133__Medium_.JPG

I have the Euro switch on Billy Bob. I think it's the earlier one, for pre-02 Sports.

Also, it's REALLY easy to wire in a ground-interrupt switch to kill the headlights. You can even buy generic pre-wired versions from Parts Unlimited and the other big distributors. You could even drill a hole in the headlight bucket and install a toggle switch to interrupt the ground.

Hey Orangeokie,

How are you enjoying that Guzzi? I know you had an unfortunate (and painful) separation from your Falco. Sorry. The bight side is you now have a very nice MG. I still have, and ride, my Falco but I must say that I am enjoying my new Moto Guzzi more these days. It is such a nice ride. A very different experience compared to the Falco. Those Falcos have got some balls, but there is just something about the MG...it's great isn't it?

I had a Falco also, really fun bike but it just sat in the garage. It had many upgrades (OZ wheels, carbon front fender, Ohlins shock, factory carbon pipes, factory chip and much, much more). I just like the soul of the Guzzi better :huh2:

And, I never had a problem with the Guzzi wiping out my dash settings if the battery went low from sitting two weeks :P Got to love the Guzzi :thumbsup:

Mike

Hey Orangeokie,

How are you enjoying that Guzzi?  I know you had an unfortunate (and painful) separation from your Falco.  Sorry.  The bight side is you now have a very nice MG.  I still have, and ride, my Falco but I must say that I am enjoying my new Moto Guzzi more these days.  It is such a nice ride.  A very different experience compared to the Falco.  Those Falcos have got some balls, but there is just something about the MG...it's great isn't it?

86569[/snapback]

Hey Orangeokie,

How are you enjoying that Guzzi?  I know you had an unfortunate (and painful) separation from your Falco.  Sorry.  The bight side is you now have a very nice MG.  I still have, and ride, my Falco but I must say that I am enjoying my new Moto Guzzi more these days.  It is such a nice ride.  A very different experience compared to the Falco.  Those Falcos have got some balls, but there is just something about the MG...it's great isn't it?

86569[/snapback]

I'm lovin' it! Just ordered a set of Ti slip-ons from MPH. Should be here any day. Can't wait to install them and listen to the soul of that V11!

I get nothing but compliments from everyone who sees the Rosso Corsa in the flesh.

If it wasn't for this forum, I doubt I would have bought one. :bier: