CRG or Pazzo levers

orangeokie

I've got the CRG shorties on my Buell, I changed them because the standard Buell clutch lever has no span adjustment and the reach was too far for my fairy hand.

I had originally ordered the Pazzo full length levers, but they were out of stock and with no prospect of getting a delivery date from Pazzo they sent me the CRG's as an alternative. I'm glad as the shorty is much better for the front brake lever and I find the new clutch lever fine with the reduced span even with 3 fingers.

The standard V11 levers seem fine to me. Good quality and both adjustable.

I have not tried either yet but some of my racing friends have tried them both and they are of the opinion that the finish of the CRG's is better but in the event of a crash the Pazzo's are greatly superior. Since they don't care about looks they all use Pazzo's and I probably will too if I switch to a billet lever.

Cheers

Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Stuart

Did you get these levers, do they fit ok, ie can you still hear the balls clicking on the switches. :luigi:

Cheers :mg:

Gary

Hi Gary,

Yes, I got them. They are beautiful and fit fine with a good range of adjustability. No complaints.

Stuart

As of today Pazzo doesn't have anything that would fit V11. I know since I am their dealer. I am expecting Ducati and Aprilia levers for older non-radial brake bikes in earlie January. I actually want them for my Aprilia Falco. I like both CRG and Pazzo but I give Pazzo priority. The reason is that Pazzo offers way more color combinations then CRG does. For example guys with Tenni would be able to order Green Levers with Gold adjusters. Unfortunately I do not know if Pazzo levers would be available for Ducati 9116 or Ducati Monsters. As far as I understand these bikes have exactly same levers as V11 (also cross referenced to CRG). I will let you guys know if Pazzo will fit V11 when they come out

As of today Pazzo doesn't have anything that would fit V11.

I thought there were folks here who had them on their Guzzis?? Maybe that was other bikes they were talking about...

Please do let me know when/if they become available. I like them better than the flashy CRG's.

Rj

I thought there were folks here who had them on their Guzzis?? Maybe that was other bikes they were talking about...

Please do let me know when/if they become available. I like them better than the flashy CRG's.

Rj

Right now Pazzo has Ducati levers with 8 mm pins. As far as I know V11 needs 12mm. I was told within 2 months we should have Pazzo levers available for older Ducatis and that will also mean V11

Right now Pazzo has Ducati levers with 8 mm pins. As far as I know V11 needs 12mm. I was told within 2 months we should have Pazzo levers available for older Ducatis and that will also mean V11

I did some checking with some racer friends and they have heard the same story. Pazzo is gearing up to make a run of Brembo levers this spring. They will be common to most modern Brembo equipped bikes that don't have the radial type master cylinder as on the Ducati 999, the latest Aprilias or the MGS. They already have a lever for these bikes but it sounds like the demand for our style lever is great enough we'll have some soon!

I did some checking with some racer friends and they have heard the same story. Pazzo is gearing up to make a run of Brembo levers this spring. They will be common to most modern Brembo equipped bikes that don't have the radial type master cylinder as on the Ducati 999, the latest Aprilias or the MGS. They already have a lever for these bikes but it sounds like the demand for our style lever is great enough we'll have some soon!

These levers are already done and will be ready to ship by upcoming Monday. Complete Aprilia line RSV 04-07, Mille 99-03, Tuono 03-07, Falco 2000-2004 (2003 for USA). Ducati 748/996/998, 749/999/1098, Mnster S4/S4R/S4RS/900/1000, Supersport 750/900/1000. Look on my website for more applications

Is there any other difference between small and large other than hole size? 8mm could be drilled out if same centers... but then if they're making them anyway...

Rj

I don't know but I think the thikness and shape of the mounting perch is different as well. I am sure some oldtimers can correct me if I am wrong. I would love to know it myself

I don't know but I think the thikness and shape of the mounting perch is different as well. I am sure some oldtimers can correct me if I am wrong. I would love to know it myself

The shaped of the base of the small-pivot levers differs subtantially from that of the large-pivot levers, at least as shown on hte example CRGs I have here. If it were jsut a matter of pivot size, Brembo has a plastic adapter for fixing that.

The shaped of the base of the small-pivot levers differs subtantially from that of the large-pivot levers, at least as shown on hte example CRGs I have here. If it were jsut a matter of pivot size, Brembo has a plastic adapter for fixing that.

Thanks Greg