Laptop Tuning

rick

Reading through a workshop manual for the V11 sport there was a large amount of documentation about the Texa axone 2000, this is a very expensive tool (for tool read toy!!).

I was thinking is there a similar programme that can be run on a laptop and can the lap top be hooked up to the "black box" to help tune the bike?

It would be a good tool to have around the garage :D

Rick :)

Interesting question. One of the things that the Axone can do is pull out and store maps from both the 15M and the 5AR, (I think that's what it's called?) computer used on the Breva/Griso. Now whether this info can then be downloaded, modified by someone clever like Cliff, uploaded back into the Axone as a separate programe and then loaded into the bike I'm not sure. To be honest I'm still finding my feet with the Axone and am hopeful that the importer here will be running courses for sad old farts like me to help us get our heads around the *New Technology*, (Hey, I like magnetos, you got a problem with that :bbblll::grin: ).

As it is my raport with our importer is good and any time I do have a question, no matter how dumb, (And some of 'em must seem REAL dumb!) I just ring up and Dave helps me out, even if i can hear his eyes rolling at the eother end of the phone :grin:

People I've talked to, Dave included, have suggested that the download, modify, reload, option is perfectly feasible but he pointed out that they, as a company, want nothing to do with it as even being seen to help with any ex-factory modifications would lead to all sorts of crap from the government. They have to be really careful with stuff like pipes even for Aprilias which all come with 'Race Use Only' stickers and all that sort of shite.

I'm certainly going to be looking at freeing up some of the strangled HP in my Griso. I think it unlikely that I'd be changing much in the way of the 'Rude Mechanicals' but both the pipe and the intake strangle it severely and freeing those up will definitely require some sort of map modifications. How complex? Dunno! That's half the fun of it.

Pete

Depending on what you want for options there are a few choices.

EDIT items in blue have the diagnostics that you seem to be asking for.

TechnoResearch VDST or MBDST Great for diagnostics but does not map. This is probably what you want. http://www.technoresearch.com/ They have various options: a digital dashboard, a palm version of VDST, and a computer version of VDST. I think the MBDST is discontinued.

TFI $200 more of an enrichener than a true mapper...few would recommend or want it, but some might. No diagnostic.

PCIII serial $Real Cheap second hand re-maps only. No diagnostic.

PCIII USB $250 to $350 re-maps only...superior to serial model. No diagnostic.

Axeone????not sure about this one.

Teo Lamers modified ECU... $?$?$? an option if you just want an ECU that works better, they can adjust the ignition timing and fuel mapping. no diagnostics

FIM ultimap flashload $179. http://www.fuelinmoto.com.au/ one time map only, remap for more money. No diagnostic.

TuneBoy $310, maybe less while in semi-beta. Currently just maps,No diagnostic yet, but maps much more than PCIII, I paid less than $300 and love it!

TechnoResearch DirectLink $379 This appears to be a little better than TuneBoy, but from my view not worth the extra money, especially if TuneBoy ever gets the diagnostic software working. I think this has no diagnostic, but you can get there other diagnostic products.

FIM ultimap diagnostics $1500 I don't know if it is better than DirectLink or TuneBoy, but it better be for that price, it should have diagnostic and mapping.

Cliff's MY15M Kit is about $300 Not sure what the assembled and tested price is. Awesome!

Cliff's ECU provides everything that the combination of DirectLink and VDST do, and then some! Map, diagnostics, closed loop and more!

...Cliff's MY15M Kit is about $300 Not sure what the assembled and tested price is. Awesome!

Cliff's ECU provides everything that the combination of DirectLink and VDST do, and then some! Map, diagnostics, closed loop and more!

86985[/snapback]

Last time I contacted him he announced an autotune-option for both cylinders separately and also the possibility to log lots of megs of performancedata to an onboard SD- or whatever card (like in digicams). However, at least such things are in his pipeline.

Hubert

Hubert you spoilt the surprise.

Actually I've just announced the MkII versions of MyECU on my site. First off there is the new hardware - dual gas sensor capability.

The firmware you mention is next but I only expect it to take a few weeks unless I get distracted.

I've also been asked to do a quick upshift capability.

Then the new Optimiser with data logging to a flash card.