First impressions of my new Ballabio

Jock Guzzi

Got my new Ballabio delivered on Sunday morning so I though I'd drop in a picture and give my first impressions versus my first V11 which was a 2000 model.

While of course both bikes are pretty much the same, the Ballabio has the sit up and beg riding position which I much prefer (for some reason I'm much happier chucking it around corners when sitting up). I'm also pleased that I spent £200 getting the tail piece and front mudguard sprayed red as it now all looks the right colour.

Having only done 150 odd miles on Sunday afternoon I'm keeping the revs below 4000 but one thing I did notice was that at 70 mph plus the buffetting from the screen was actually pretty intrusive. I tried leaning forward and also leaning further back but it was pretty bad either way. Now given that I'm 5ft 10 (and thererfore pretty average) I was a bit surprised by this as you would have thought that it all would have been tested for average height etc. I can't decide whether a set of flat bars might just give me enough futher lean forward to sort this out. Not sure changing the screen is an option as I have not seen any aftermarket stuff availble anywhere. Any advise on thsi would be appreciated.

Having the titanium cans and accompanying ecu certainly gives the impression of a much crisper throttle response and more free flowing on the revs front which I am impressed with given that I had mistrals on my last bike so I would reccomend the MG kit, it seems to have made a significant improvement and boy do those cans look good.

Did notice a wee spot of oil on the garage floor tonight so I gues something somewhere needs tightened, I'll have to do a bit of investigating after my next ride to see where it's coming from but no big deal, it is a Guzzi afterall and would be dull if it was absolutely perfect from new !

Look forward to seeing some of you at the V11 Buell weekend at the end of May. Should be nicely run in by then. I was floating around the Trossachs on Sunday afternoon and it was very frustrating trying to keep things below 4000 rpm. At one stage I had 5 or 6 bikes behind me on a lovely wee winding road and normally it would have been fun keeping the Jap crap pack at bay but there was a tear in my eye as they all went storming past on the straights. Stopping to get some petrol later on there were a few smirks from some of the boy racer brigade but we'll see next time, there's plenty life in a Guzzi...once it's run in :bbblll:

DSCF0014.JPG

she is so red, so hot so.......................................sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

patience, my friend, don't be stuped by trying to keep up with the japcrap!

your guzzi has a long braking in period! minimum 5000km (in miles?)

greatings, pille

Guest randy

GORGEOUS bike, dear sir! a hearty congratulations. i dream of Guzzis in red...

...there is something amiss about the rear footpeg bracket/ silencer hanger, looks less secure- was it neccesary for the ti pipes, or???

stunning bike. a bit envious... and you have the same combination of tailtidy/Ti-pipes as me.

I guess that the buffeting/turbulence at speed comes from a combination of high bars and front set/frame mounted windscreen.

my Greenie has clipons and the same screen but fork-mounted so its closer to me and a bit lower. no turbulence.

the combination of bars and screen on the Ballabio looks very similar to the combination on my former BMW R1150R; and that nearly shook my head off above 60mph...

I'd recommend changing the windscreen to fork mounted, it even looks better IMHO.

:food: i love it. it looks great. :thumbsup: i find some v11 sports look too multi coloured. some don't like the stick ya neck out fairing. :huh2: i love the true italian colours through centre tank. and its name.. :thumbsup:

Got my new Ballabio delivered on Sunday morning so I though I'd drop in a picture and give my first impressions versus my first V11 which was a 2000 model.

While of course both bikes are pretty much the same, the Ballabio has the sit up and beg riding position which I much prefer (for some reason I'm much happier chucking it around corners when sitting up). I'm also pleased that I spent £200 getting the tail piece and front mudguard sprayed red as it now all looks the right colour.

Having only done 150 odd miles on Sunday afternoon I'm keeping the revs below 4000 but one thing I did notice was that at 70 mph plus the buffetting from the screen was actually pretty intrusive. I tried leaning forward and also leaning further back but it was pretty bad either way. Now given that I'm 5ft 10 (and thererfore pretty average) I was a bit surprised by this as you would have thought that it all would have been tested for average height etc. I can't decide whether a set of flat bars might just give me enough futher lean forward to sort this out.  Not sure changing the screen is an option as I have not seen any aftermarket stuff availble anywhere. Any advise on thsi would be appreciated.

Having the titanium cans and accompanying ecu certainly gives the impression of a much crisper throttle response and more free flowing on the revs front which I am impressed with given that I had mistrals on my last bike so I would reccomend the MG kit, it seems to have made a significant improvement and boy do those cans look good.

Did notice a wee spot of oil on the garage floor tonight so I gues something somewhere needs tightened, I'll have to do a bit of investigating after my next ride to see where it's coming from but no big deal, it is a Guzzi afterall and would be dull if it was absolutely perfect from new !

Look forward to seeing some of you at the V11 Buell weekend at the end of May. Should be nicely run in by then. I was floating around the Trossachs on Sunday afternoon and it was very frustrating trying to keep things below 4000 rpm. At one stage I had 5 or 6 bikes behind me on a lovely wee winding road and normally it would have been fun keeping the Jap crap pack at bay but there was a tear in my eye as they all went storming past on the straights. Stopping to get some petrol later on there were a few smirks from some of the boy racer brigade but we'll see next time, there's plenty life in a Guzzi...once it's run in :bbblll:

87290[/snapback]

Guest Britcheflee

I always liked the red - but did not like the look of the dark front mudguard which does not match well - your painted front mudguard looks perfect on the bike!!!

Please let us (me - as I have one too) what you discover regarding the oil leak - probably just blowing a little excess oil out of one of the breather pipes?

Overall a sweeet looking bike and, I am sure, like me that you will just love to ride it.

Lee

post-1974-1146147488_thumb.jpg