Jacking methods

nose2wind

Being standed last weekend started me thinking of different ways to hold up the Guzzi if one needs to remove the wheel to fix it. Jack stands gave the idea of conc blocks I don't carry either. But one could find some easy enough. Some rope to tie up the bike if something over head is near.

Any other Ideas?

You have a wife or girlfriend? No, no scrap that. Sorry.

Depends on what you have around- In the past (but not on my v11), I've used a stump, a wheel off a car, some concrete blocks, whatever I can find. The back end is pretty heavy on a Guzzi and there's not much to grab onto with the V11.

I just put mine on its centerstand.

87509[/snapback]

I will second this thought. I installed one and I highly recommend it. It is very unobtrusive and seems to tuck in nicely. I get right down to the edges of my rear tire and the centerstand has never grounded. It is not as easy to use as most centerstands, however, when you need to remove a wheel - nothing else is easier.

I bought mine from Moto International, but you can get it directly from Teo Lamers or anyone else who stock parts from them.

It would be a real benefit to actually see this centerstand in action. Can anyone get some photos to post. And Greg, did you get the check yet???

Wick