Neutral light ?

Guest rrbasso

Guest rrbasso

Hay I need some suggestions, I got 12000 mi and the Guzzi is running Tits and has never givin me many problems except for getting stolen for a little while :(

But I just developed a little problem, when I first start it and while its coald the Nueutral light works but after a few high speed miles on the road it stops working ? any and all suggestions, thanks :bier:

rrbasso,

Usually it is a faulty neutral safty switch. It is really easy to check, when the light fails to work, just ground the neutral switch spade (located under the starter on the transmission) to ground (ign on) and if the light comes on, you need a neutral switch.

Mike

Hay I need some suggestions, I got 12000 mi and the Guzzi is running Tits and has never givin me many problems except for getting stolen for a little while :(

But I just developed a little problem, when I first start it and while its coald the Nueutral light works but after a few high speed miles on the road it stops working ? any and all suggestions, thanks :bier:

87731[/snapback]

It does sound like the neutral swich but before you run out and buy a replacement switch these are simply a plunger style switch which can most likely be easily fixed. Remove switch submerge it in hot soapy water working the plunger in and out a few minutes. Check opperation of switch with multimeter (easier than hooking it up to the bike) use wd40 or similar to remove water from switch before replacing it, hope this helps.

Tim

Yes I suppose it may be salvageable.

It really depends on the amount of wear on the plunger.

You might be there again quite quickly if it is worn.

Nige.  B)

87771[/snapback]

Had problems with that switch on my Scura cleaned it using the method above and no problem since. However if the switch can be replaced cheaply enough.

Guest MikeC

Just for future reference, where exactly is the switch located and what is the removal/replacement procedure.

Thanks,

Mike

The switch is located just under the starter, you need to get on your knees to see it. It just screws into the transmission and there is just one wire going to it. Really easy to replace.

Mike

Just for future reference, where exactly is the switch located and what is the removal/replacement procedure.

Thanks,

Mike

88035[/snapback]

Guest MikeC

Gotcha...Thanks much.

Mike

The switch is located just under the starter, you need to get on your knees to see it.  It just screws into the transmission and there is just one wire going to it.  Really easy to replace.

Mike

88066[/snapback]