lower the pegs ...or raise the seat?

Guest randy

Guest randy
The pegs haven't touched down yet.

89131[/snapback]

no draggy peggy? hey that sounds promising :bike:

-yeah, i'm with ya on the back end. it's not particularly "inspiring"- although mine i wouldn't call "wiggly" as much as i'd call it randomly compliant. as if with each new bump the shock gets to decide all over again if it wants to "absorb" ...or just be a hardtail (then again it ain't no Ooohlins. but i dream...).

this is all splitting hairs, though. let me reiterate: i luuuuv these bikes! :mg:

Randy:

When you blast through the 99 tunnel at 70 or so, through that squirmy"planed" pavement, does it feel like the rear end of the bike is wiggling independently from the front?

Mine sure does.

Maybe a difference in tires? Ray, the guy who had your bike before you, did a lot of experimenting with tires to find what worked best, as he spent a lot of time chasing his buddy's R1 in the mountains. Finally, he gave up and bought an R1.

The pegs haven't touched down yet. We tried to design them to move the pegs as much as possible without having them be the first thing to touch down. I have the shifter peddle adjusted quite far down, and even so, it didn't touch down.

The guy I bought my bike from had put on footpegs from a Buell. I'm 6'2" and my legs didn't feel cramped at all, even after a few hundred miles. Ass got sore, though...

Because the bike is new to me, and I don't heal as fast as I used to, I can't say I pushed it really hard or approached the limits, but through some fairly good lean angles (knees up) I didn't touch anything down.

My feet splay outward a bit, so the first thing I usually touch is the side of my boot, but I didn't feel close to that, either. It might be a cheap solution to the problem. I have the stock pegs to put back on, but unless I start grounding the others on a regular basis, I don't think I will bother.

Guest SantaFeRider

I broke my left knee and tibia three months ago. I am at 90 degree flex on that leg and, while I expect to regain full compression by December, I would like to do something to ease the position. I think an Airhawk pad on the seat, lower pegs and a taller bar will help, even if temporarily. I have a 2002 LeMans; what sort of Buell model pegs should I be looking for?

Randy:

When you blast through the 99 tunnel at 70 or so, through that squirmy"planed" pavement, does it feel like the rear end of the bike is wiggling independently from the front?

Mine sure does.

Maybe a difference in tires? Ray, the guy who had your bike before you, did a lot of experimenting with tires to find what worked best, as he spent a lot of time chasing his buddy's R1 in the mountains. Finally, he gave up and bought an R1.

89204[/snapback]

This squirmy handling must be a result of the "hinged-in-the-middle" frame feel. I get the same thing and it's driving me crazy. I recently switched from Bridgestone 020 to 014 (stickier) tires and the squirmy rear end is more noticeable particularly during more aggresive cornering.

This squirmy handling must be a result of the "hinged-in-the-middle" frame feel.  I get the same thing and it's driving me crazy.  I recently switched from Bridgestone 020 to 014 (stickier) tires and the squirmy rear end is more noticeable particularly during more aggresive cornering.

89508[/snapback]

CHris:

THanks. It's good to hear I'm not the only one with the problem. Soon, I'm gonna tear apart the rear end to see if I can find anything loose or worn. I've been riding the Eldo lately, to test my new tubeless conversion for Borrani wheels, and I swear its rear end feels more planted than does Billy Bob's.

I broke my left knee and tibia three months ago.  I am at 90 degree flex on that leg and, while I expect to regain full compression by December, I would like to do something to ease the position.  I think an Airhawk pad on the seat, lower pegs and a taller bar will help, even if temporarily.  I have a 2002 LeMans; what sort of Buell model pegs should I be looking for?

89501[/snapback]

:cheese: I used the ones from a Ulysses, 'cause they had the widest, most comfy pad. Most people use the sportier ones, I belive from an S1. Tom :rasta:

Guest randy
Randy:

Mine sure does.

89204[/snapback]

hmm northbound or southbound? honestly if this thing wiggles, i don't think i've pushed the limits hard enough to find them. i don't know much about tires but these Pirelli Diablos are great stuff as far i'm concerned- every time they've "let go", the feedback is very gummy and reassuring...

this whole footpeg question is gonna go back to cornering clearance, which i'm in no position to judge yet when the suspension isn't being cooperative. so. will he kill the chicken strips, or will the chicken strips kill him? stay tuned, kids! i see much tweaking in my future. and retweaking. and fun the whole way :bike:

methinks i'd rather chase V11s than R1s :mg:

:cheese: I used the ones from a Ulysses, 'cause they had the widest, most comfy pad. Most people use the sportier ones, I belive from an S1.  Tom :rasta:

89550[/snapback]

Were the Ulysses pegs a direct fit, or did you have to shave them on the sides and add a bushing like the ones from the XBs that several of us have fitted?

Al

Were the Ulysses pegs a direct fit, or did you have to shave them on the sides and add a bushing like the ones from the XBs that several of us have fitted?

Al

89670[/snapback]

:cheese: I didn't have to shave the sides, but you still have to make a bushing. I bought some 7/16" round stock, cut it to length and drilled out the center [ I think 1/4"] on my mini drill press, but you could probably eyeball it in a pinch. :drink:

:cheese: I didn't have to shave the sides, but you still have to make a bushing. I bought some 7/16" round stock, cut it to length and drilled out the center [ I think 1/4"] on my mini drill press, but you could probably eyeball it in a pinch. :drink:

89683[/snapback]

Well, that's interesting. I guess the Ulysses pegs are different in more ways than one than the XB pegs. Not having to mill the sides is the big deal. Making a bushing is easy I may have to go by a Buell dealer and see how they differ :thumbsup:

I've got the XB pegs, but they put my feet "out" a bit too much for my liking, so they aren't perfect. I'd be curiuos if the Ulysses pegs are any different. And I see they look wider too, which is nice.

Al

Well, that's interesting.  I guess the Ulysses pegs are different in more ways than one than the XB pegs.  Not having to mill the sides is the big deal.  Making a bushing is easy  I may have to go by a Buell dealer and see how they differ  :thumbsup:

I've got the XB pegs, but they put my feet "out" a bit too much for my liking, so they aren't perfect.  I'd be curiuos if the Ulysses pegs are any different.  And I see they look wider too, which is nice.

Al

89691[/snapback]

I found that rubber coated pegs from a DUC Monster fit with no mods....

Cheaper than anypart Guzzi... :2c: