LeMans VIN numbers

gargoyle

I did a search and came up with nothing on this topic. Does anybody know where I can find VIN numbers by year. I just bought an 04 and I was told it might be a late build 04. There must be a breakdown someplace. I checked the US site but that was a waste of time.

I don't think he's after "his" serial Number. I think he is trying to get the production dates and serial number ranges to find out where his Guzzi falls out in the production. Hell, nobody can come up with the totals for importation of the various models into the U.S. much less when the bikes were built.

If anyone can come up with real numbers for the Quotas, Rossa and Nero Corsa's, the Cafe Sports, Copa Italias, and Scuras that were brought in, post it.

Wick

If a manufacturer wishes to use a year code in the Vehicle Identification Number, ISO 3779 recommends that the first position of the Vehicle Identifier Section (10th position of the VIN) is used for that purpose. The recommended key for this code is given in the table below. Besides the three letters that are not allowed in the VIN itself (I, O and Q), the letter U and the zero (0) are not used for the year code.

Note that the year code may be the calendar year in which a vehicle is built, or a model or type year allocated by the manufacturer.

2000 = Y

2003 = 3

2004 = 4

2005 = 5

http://home01.wxs.nl/~fransang/vinsystem.html

• Like 1