MOTO GP

g.forrest

a lot of the discussion now seems to be who will the two places behind rossi be filled by, out of the young guns is the general view.. stoner / pedrosa /mellandri/ hayden appear to be the top bets. most have faith that rossi will come through to win the season ? and go to ferrari for next season. i'm tending to think that way to. i'm thinking..rossi..pedrosa..stoner..mellandri. all going fair without any serious injury. but theres a long way to go and many could be wet. but gring it on it just gets better. :thumbsup:

As long as Rossi does not fall off any more [ extremely rare for him to fall, in the last case, he was punted off by one of the younger lads] he is without argument very consistant to collect points at every occasion.

It's clear the '06 Yamaha is not sorted like the '05, and it seems Honda has a power edge again this year. That said, I will make the opinion that if Hayden wins the championship this year [and I think he's the next one], it will be because of Rossi's Yamaha and not Rossi. I still think he is far and away the best roadracing motorcyclist [well not real road racing like the IOM TT, but you know what I mean] on Earth today, and has been for at least 5 yrs.

Ciao, Steve G.

What appears to be more interesting to me is Troy Bayliss' return to Ducati :helmet: in World Superbikes.

I don't think even Rossi could beat him this year, but we will never know.

For GP, my money is on Rossi followed by Melandri.

Don't count Edwards out for third place.

Honda may or may not significantly have more HP.

If they did, Hondas would be making effortless passes on any track with a decent straight...not happening.

It would be cool to see a stoner win :rasta:

What appears to be more interesting to me is Troy Bayliss' return to Ducati  :helmet:  in World Superbikes.

I don't think even Rossi could beat him this year, but we will never know.

For GP, my money is on Rossi followed by Melandri.

Don't count Edwards out for third place.

Honda may or may not significantly have more HP.

If they did, Hondas would be making effortless passes on any track with a decent straight...not happening.

It would be cool to see a stoner win  :rasta:

88454[/snapback]

I'm afraid Mr. Edwards is seeing his last rides in Moto GP. The next American rider is Mr. Hayden.

I also would like to see Casey Stoner do well. The kid looks like he can't even shave yet. And yes, Melandri is Hayden's biggest threat to the post Rossi era.

Ciao, Steve G.

The young guns of pedrosa, stoner and elias are not in awe of rossi and have already seen he can be beat, Rossi will still win by his dogged determination to finish races even on a damaged bike, as in jerez (how many other racers would have just walked away from the bike). But the best Motogp for many a season has to be the turkish gp, Stoner reminded me of Wayne Gardner . :2c:

Let us not forget Capirossi

88465[/snapback]

yes, i second that. The ducatis are very strong this year and are only let down by the tires.

Rossi won't win the championship imho. Hayden may have a chance, but my money is on Melandri. I think if Rossi stays on two wheels, he'll go to Ducati.

Troy Bayliss ? Awesome. You just have to read Corser's statements to undertstand how unstoppable Bayliss is. I was thinking the ducatis would never make it in Monza this year cos the multis are quite faster but if they win there, they'll win everywhere...

gee, am i bold or what and this only monday morning ;)

Bayliss was awesome, as ever. Early days yet but it looks like he is on for winning the championship. What has happened to Lanzi though? He looked good last year on his one off factory rides but is struggling this year in comparison to his team mate.

Ducati are also doing very well in BSB- Lavilla is winning the championship by a mile with Leon Haslam in 2nd. I find this amusing because the Honda BSB team is a full factory HRC effort with a massive budget and they get their arses kicked by a small team like Airwaves Ducati.

Guy :helmet:

Methinks it is way too early to make a prediction (outside of Rossi, that is). I'll just enjoy the show, thank you.

Watching the likes of Pedrosa, Stoner and Melandri is food for the soul. Oh and that Hayden fellow may be on to something too!

Cheers :bier: