re-spray green tank

Guest PAULSMART

Guest PAULSMART

I've just had my greenie tank resprauyed - and they really messed it up - very poor colour match. :angry:

has anyone else had theres's resprayed and experienced any problems, is this a really tricky colour, or have I been unlucky.

any recommendations for paint shops in the UK, would be appreciated as it is going to have to be done again.

Paul

most v11 colors are mulitlayer, can't be made with one layer.

It starts with metalic gray, on top of that comes a transparent coat with the right color. On top of that a clear coat to protect. But cars are painted like this sometimes too, so it's no rocket science.

I know it doesn't help you in England, but local motorcycle only paint shop D&B Custom has, after 4 tries, made a perfect match on a Givi fairing I had them do, and welcome any and all green V11 owners to come their way if needed. This shop's quailty is about the best that can be found anywhere. They are in Burnaby, B.C.

Ciao, Steve G.

Do you have the correct color number and the manufacturer?

My neighbour's son went into his Ford shop and looked after Guzzi Green. The next day he showed up with a perfectly matching color card and number and manufacturer.

But, it's not perfectly matching to all the green parts on my bike, just to the front fender.

Fender, tank, seat parts, side parts... each shows a different green when in sunlight :(

Hubert

I've just had my greenie tank resprauyed - and they really messed it up - very poor colour match. :angry:

has anyone else had theres's resprayed and experienced any problems, is this a really tricky colour, or have I been unlucky.

any recommendations for paint shops in the UK, would be appreciated as it is going to have to be done again.

Paul

88496[/snapback]

Alan at Motomecca says he can get stuff resprayed by a local shop.

Have not tried them myself but he reckoned he could get a good match.

Guy :helmet:

Guest MikeC

Here you go, give these guys a call, they'll have the color.

http://www.motorbikepaint.co.uk/

FYI...They will not ship overseas, so if you live in the USA you'll have to have someone over there purchase it then ship it to you. They don't want or I guess need to deal with shipping hazardous materials.

Mike

Guest PAULSMART

Spray shop has agreed to try again - so fingers crossed.

However, I need left and right decals for the tank

Part number 01917900 (left) & 01917800 (right)

I've tried corsa italaliana & motomecca with out success

I need these quick - does any one know where I could get some?

Paul

Guest jasper

when i had my seatcowl repainted (don't ask) a friend of mine who's in the business figured it out for me it's just like Paul said an aluminium basecoat with and this is were it gets a bit tricky 4 and half layers of the green paint to get a color match. My friend painted about 20 samples to get it perfect. According to him the colour used on the magni fairing is just a bit of (or at least the one we saw) they used a wrong aluminium pigment. Getting the colour is the easy bit, applying it so it matches is slightly harder but a true crafsmen should be able to pull it of without a problem! :2c:

good luck!

Ciao

jasper