CO level

Guest goldgooz

Guest goldgooz

Hi Everyone, I need some help. Recently had first service done on my o2 LeMans(1000miles) and now she feels slightly lean on bottem and mid range--light surging around 3000 rpm and a occassion spit at idle. Dealer set CO at 3.4 Is this a little low for best performance? The bike ran perfect before service. Thanks in advance. John B.

Guest russ

Mine was originally set in the 5-6 range but mpg was about 30-32. Had it leaned to 3.5 or thereabout and mileage is now 35-40 mpg. I do not feel any lean conditions so maybe it is a tps issue? :homer: Very tricky these ecu's. I am just a caveman, I do not understand these modern inventions :notworthy:

Cavemen and spacemen have this in common: Carburettors or FI , tuning fuel delivery is like conducting an orchestra. Let the brass get too loud and the strings change their tune. All must be in harmony.

I can't imagine the frustration of riding the V11 without the benefits of a digital multimeter, mercury columns and a book or two. ( see "Guzziology" by Dave Richardson)

A little tweak on the TPS, some VERY careful synchronization and this motor is a ripping panther!