Buell offer FYI

dmoon64

Guest AdamofKC

I got the pack AND and folding ball cap this past saturday. I went to the Buell Demo days and got to ride the Firebolt 1200 and the Ulysses.

I think that the Firebolt, although this may be sacrilige, felt more comfortable to ride than the 03 Le Mans I rode a month or so back. (covers face) The Firebolt, or atleast the way it was set-up with the suspension, was a very smooth ride for a sport bike and the wind protection on the chest, head and legs was excellent. Downshifting required a veritable stomp, like getting a Guzzi into first, but upshifts were nice, firm and smooth, although going through the gears on the Le Mans was easier, both up and down.

I didn't like the Ulysses, for the lack of proper wind protection(no accessories for the demo), the suspension set-up made the bike feel wallowy, the bike is so tall and marginally top heavy that you have to pay(at least for me) active attention to balancing the bike(and I was on the low seat and comfortable on a Multistrada 1000), and the throttle was to touchy.

The power on both bikes were great, especially after idle, when once above like 1500 or 2000 rpm, the engine smoothed out greatly. The brakes were also touchy but stopped as well as the Brembos that I used on the Multistrada 1000.

If I had the extra cash, I'd get the Firebolt, simply because I felt it to be comfortable, powerful, unique and well put together.

Oh word for all us Italiophiles! Ducati is having its US national demo day for the new S4Rs Monster this friday and saturday! I'm going saturday and maybe gets some pics as well!

Guest Nogbad
I got the pack AND and folding ball cap this past saturday.  I went to the Buell Demo days and got to ride the Firebolt 1200 and the Ulysses.

I think that the Firebolt, although this may be sacrilige, felt more comfortable to ride than the 03 Le Mans I rode a month or so back. (covers face)  The Firebolt, or atleast the way it was set-up with the suspension, was a very smooth ride for a sport bike and the wind protection on the chest, head and legs was excellent.  Downshifting required a veritable stomp, like getting a Guzzi into first, but upshifts were nice, firm and smooth, although going through the gears on the Le Mans was easier, both up and down.

88762[/snapback]

I think the Firebolts must vary a bit with the quality of the gearshift. I bought one and have just passed 1000 miles today, and the shift up and down is better feeling than my '00 V11 Sport, but I think I have got a bad example of a V11 shift and a good example of a 'Bolt.

Yes the Firebolt is smooth alright, cruises just nice at 80 and Erik's "Uniplanar" isolation mallarkey is a work of genius. The V11 doesn't smooth out until 90 - 100 so I find myself riding the V11 too fast for my licence on the motorway.

Sacrilege? No.