Smart Money

polebridge

1998-2005 Moto Guzzi V11 Sports are highlighted in Motocyclist magazine's 'Smart Money' Column this month.

89673[/snapback]

I don't even bother flipping thru Motorcyclist when passing the newsstand at the grocery store; it's worse than the worst of the Brit bike rags! :doh:

So, what's the article say, just out of curiosity? Is it written by a visitor, or has someone on the regular staff grown a brain? [Again, not my fave rag... ;) ]

Ride on!

:bike:

I don't even bother flipping thru Motorcyclist when passing the newsstand at the grocery store; it's worse than the worst of the Brit bike rags! :doh:

So, what's the article say, just out of curiosity? Is it written by a visitor, or has someone on the regular staff grown a brain? [Again, not my fave rag... ;) ]

Ride on!

89688[/snapback]

[/quote

Its actually a pretty complimentary piece on the v11. Motorcyclist usually gives Guzzi a fair review. I subscribe to both Motorcyclist & Cycle World & I like both of them. :2c:

And? Should I sell shares and buy Guzzis?  :thumbsup:

89674[/snapback]

Absolutely. I have in this some quality Guzzis that I might sell to you. My trustworthy agent will accept payment and I will send you the difference.

Absolutely.  I have in this some quality Guzzis that I might sell to you.  My trustworthy agent will accept payment and I will send you the difference.

89698[/snapback]

Had you typed this in all caps, I might have fallen for this... :P

I subscribe to both Motorcyclist & Cycle World & I like both of them. :2c:

89689[/snapback]

I subscribe to Pscho Whirl too, tho' mostly because it's cheap & they're right down the road from me [but the doggone greedy fish excreta* never ask for real world riders to drop in & help'em review their bikes!]

MCN & Rider are the ones I really enjoy, in that order, but CW, being the big fish in the small pond, gets most of the previews & long-term test bikes first (which is why the other rags usually seem to complain about getting cracked up test-bikes & such, I guess :huh2: )

Of course, besides MCN, very few of the US bike rags compare with the Brit rags for sheer candor! The Brit rags may be staffed by complete nutjobs, but at least they're not afraid to slag a bike if they don't like it... :thumbsup:

I guess I'll have to give ol' Motorcyclist** a look this month, just to see what they've gone & said about the V11 Sport...

:mg:

* or, in the parlance, "Bass Turds!" ;)

** Doesn't H-D own this trademark from one of their in-house publications from the last century? How'd they miss filing a lawsuit on that? :P

I don't even bother flipping thru Motorcyclist when passing the newsstand at the grocery store; it's worse than the worst of the Brit bike rags!  :doh:

Ride on!

89688[/snapback]

They interview Ed Miltch (Guzzitech) He tells it like it is, talks about the quirks and the positives. The mag says they're a bargin as a clean example can be had for under $6000. The report overall is good though not glowing.

Hey, we know why we love them and the non guzzisti think we're nuts. If they don't get it, they never will. <_>

Guest geno929

I thought that the article was actually very complimentary. Considering that it was the same old American press and not the same old HONKAWYAMAZUKI. Told it like it is: a bike not for everybody! That describes me. Different. Odd. Weird! Yeah, that's me!

post-2386-1148218610_thumb.jpg

The one brit bike rag I used to enjoy was Performance Bike. I don't know if it's still around, but their writing was hilarious!

89840[/snapback]

Yes it is still around- they did a nice piece on the MGS01 a few months back.

I buy Motorcycle Sport And Leisure now that I am a boring old fart.

Guy :helmet: