touring????

Guest bluezrx26

Guest bluezrx26

I have a trip planned and I am thinking of buying the V11 sport, but with all this talk of the high pegs and all, i am woundering if it is confortable enough to tour on?

but then i am not the average tourist. In 99 back when I had my FAZER me and some buddies took a trip from Toronto to Vancouver and back in 2 weeks 4 days. some 11000kms and 800-1250kms per day spending 4 days in vancouver and some resting in between. not much time to smell the roses! :race:

I have another trip planned to complete the rest , this time east to newfoundland but i think it's half the distance. :bike:

then again my friend took his 92 ZX7 and he didn't complain. :huh2:

I have a trip planned and I am thinking of buying the V11 sport, but with all this talk of the high pegs and all, i am woundering if it is confortable enough to tour on?

90403[/snapback]

From the sound of it you will be fine. Maybe its the really tall guys who have comfort problems- I personally find my V11 comfy enough for long distance touring. Having a break every 130 miles or so to fill up is just about right for me.

Guy :helmet:

Guest bluezrx26

I am 5'7" about 140lbs. i usually don't have problems but there are some evil bikes out there...ducati's and whatever...

just woundering if this is just a " to the corner store" type of bike because for me the idea of a sunday bike doesn't apply. even though it's a guzzi and expensive and all it would still be my daily transportation and won't be treated any differently.

hell i once got cought in a snowstorm :homer: in november with my ZRX and I rode it home spinning all through 3rd gear but i got it home without droping it. :bike:

I am 5'7"  about 140lbs. i usually don't have problems but there are some evil bikes out there...ducati's and whatever...

just woundering if this is just a " to the corner store" type of bike because for me the idea of a sunday bike doesn't apply. even though it's a guzzi and expensive and all it would still be my daily transportation and won't be treated any differently.

hell i once got cought in a snowstorm :homer:  in november with my ZRX and I rode it home spinning all through 3rd gear but i got it home without droping it. :bike:

90416[/snapback]

I have a 2000 v11s with 42,000 miles. I bought it in 2001 with 1400 miles on it.

I have toured all over the states with it. However, I do feel the bikini fairing is a must have especially if you plan to do a lot of over 80mph riding. Into the wind adds to the effect. I find 250 / 350 mile consecutive days to be the best, but have done occasional 450 mile days.

I'm 51 years old. 5' 10" 180 lb rider. Ear plugs can also help.

Good luck.

Lower the clip-ons, add an Air Hawk, some Rok straps and Teknic bags for your gear, a pair of ear plugs and hit the road! Best I ever did on mine in one day was about 700 miles. Nice enough trip.

I've done Iowa to Toronto to Vancouver to Maine with no problems. I'm 5'11" and about 180. Aspirin, ear plugs, coffee and a fuzzy sheepskin seat worked great. I went the other way than Carl and I put on handlebars instead of lowering the clipons.

BTW, central Canada is Waaaayyyy flatter than Iowa.

Guest rosso mandello

I once read in a Danish bike magasine, that the only one who could feel comfortable on a V 11 with short lega and long arms had to be a monkey.

Strange, cause I feel perfectly well onboard. 4000 km/6 days is my record, the 1700 km on my last day brought me home from the south France.

Put in the earplugs, fire it up and enjoy your holiday

ciao Mogens.

I'm 6'2" and have toured plenty on mine. I have the pegs dropped a bit and the bars raised, and only ache I ever had was in the left shoulderblade.....dunno why. But on my Honda I get some lower back aches from long touring so on balance I don't think the MG is any worse in terms of capability.

Usually do 300-350 mile days when I'm touring, generally little to no highway work. It's not the best long distance highway mount, I'll say that. I'd rather be on my Honda to do long days slogging it out on the interstate.

Guest Buddy

I've never owned a pure touring bike and still hope that I will never want to own one! I once left Calais at breakfast time, rode through Northern France, Belgium, Luxembourg, into Germany and finished up in Karlsruhe by tea time. June, 34C, two piece leathers on a GSXR 750 and I had to be virtually be lifted off the bike at the end. In comparison my V11 Sport is like an arm chair, wonderful! So my advice is take your V11 touring, minimum luggage, keep to the back roads, stop at every good looking cafe on the way, sit outside and listen to the clicking as your bike cools down!

woundering if it is confortable enough to tour on?

No.

Okay, for some maybe. Like the Marquis de Sade. This is why I have an FJR, or ride the Hardlee.

Every body is different, so go ahead & ride that bad boy on an IBA ride, win friends & impress all.

YMMV

No.

Okay, for some maybe. Like the Marquis de Sade.  This is why I have an FJR, or ride the Hardlee.

Every body is different, so go ahead & ride that bad boy on an IBA ride, win friends & impress all.

YMMV

90894[/snapback]

Jimbe's response is NOT the norm. Most adapt to the ride and can comfortably tour, but NOT 2-up...(that'll cause another s#$tstorm).

Guest bluezrx26

..(that'll cause another s#$tstorm).

oh yeah you bet... :grin::rolleyes: :!: the last thing you need if to hear it the whole trip...that will just kill the mood :wub:

No.

Okay, for some maybe. Like the Marquis de Sade.  This is why I have an FJR, or ride the Hardlee.

YMMV

90894[/snapback]

I ride 8 to 10 hour days on my Tenni without any major aches or pains other than the normal fatigue.

I came from an FJ-1100. Granted the FJ had a plusher saddle but, I have no major complaints with the Le Mans. As a sport tourer, it does the job nicely for me :)

I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam.

• 2 weeks later...

Its all personel preference of course, but I went from B.C. to Monteray Cali., last year down highway 101 in 4 days, took 3 days off, (motogp), then 4 days back. The round trip was 8500 kms (5200 miles?) and other than a sore ass I felt pretty good. I think the V11 sport is the happy medium, comfortable yetstill fun.

The sidenote: I have riser bars and a 1/4 fairing. The bars are a 3 1/2 inch rise, which is just enough to keep you from pushing on your wrists on the long term ride its just right