wow are those wheels heavy

Guest drknow

Cheers! its winter here I'll procrastinate a little longer. See what the compression and leakdown test says after 100 000km's, my enthusasim says bomb the old girl up my head says if I really want a hot rod Guzzi go buy a MGS-01. Damm my head spends some money sometimes. :race:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mathieuguzzi

just to add my experience here.

I just fitted a set of OZ Racing wheels acquired through G&B on my carbed 1100 sport. It has proved to be a lot of hassle to mount it on my 1100 Sport, especially at the rear : the spacer between the rear drive and the swing arm had to go (entirely !) and even then, the calliper bracket had to be machined. Unfortunately, the wheel is still a bit of centre, about 10mm left.

Driving impression: well I can feel the front end is lighter but the change is not as dramatic as I hoped it would be. However, the rear 17inch wheel instead of the oem 18 inch greatly improved the handling – the turn in is much more easy and neutral, but you already have that on the V11.

So all in all, a great addition but I am not sure I would go the OZ route if I had a v11. Given the lack of cush drive, I would probably choose the PVM which may be even lighter than the OZ at the front. I love the look of the OZ though !

Mathieu

Guest mathieuguzzi

947e4hm.jpg

not the best picture to see the wheels but it is all I have at hand for the moment..

Mathieu