Italian Supermodel

Guzzirider

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT v4 IS FREAKING HOT, I'm saying I likes it. A lot. but like Paul said its far beyond my price range, far far beyond like the price of 4 bikes. Aprilia is making thier cube soon, I hear 2009 pr was it 2008? So Aprilia will be right on Duc's heels but the Ducs will obviously sell better. Personally I like the grunt and pureness of a VeeTwin. Are the 999 desmo's easy enough to work on or is a work in futility? I just finished the valve adjustments and head retorq, it took 3 hours but next time will take 30min it was super easy.

This one must be seen in the flesh. These (thumbnail) photo's just don't do it justice . . . and I did (briefly) consider selling my Rosso Corsa and buying this beauty. The local dealer here has one still in the box and is asking $14,995 US.

58257805-9446-00800060-.jpg

58257806-16b8-00800060-.jpg

58257807-74a2-00800060-.jpg

58257808-d9cd-00800060-.jpg

Are the 999 desmo's easy enough to work on or is a work in futility?

90926[/snapback]

I'll be taking mine to a good Ducati mechanic for anything complicated- that engine scares me.

Just ordered a new Ducati Monster S4RS Testastretta. It is basically a naked 999S.  Mine will be red and is being delivered on Monday 26th June.

I have specified the factory race kit- Termignonis, filter and ECU so it should sound as nice as it goes.

Italian bikes  :thumbsup:

Guy  :helmet:

S4Rsred.jpg

90868[/snapback]

Stunning machine Guy - congratulations! :helmet:

Guest Nogbad
This one must be seen in the flesh.  These (thumbnail) photo's just don't do it justice . . . and I did (briefly) consider selling my Rosso Corsa and buying this beauty.  The local dealer here has one still in the box and is asking $14,995 US.

58257805-9446-00800060-.jpg

58257806-16b8-00800060-.jpg

58257807-74a2-00800060-.jpg

58257808-d9cd-00800060-.jpg

90931[/snapback]

The Smart sure is a lovely bike to put in your living room on a plinth to admire during the winter. Don't try riding one unless you are 1. A trained contortionist or 2. Have very good insurance and access to an osteopath and the world's best orthopaedic surgeons.

The Smart sure is a lovely bike to put in your living room on a plinth to admire during the winter. Don't try riding one unless you are 1. A trained contortionist or 2. Have very good insurance and access to an osteopath and the world's best orthopaedic surgeons.

91005[/snapback]

I agree with Nogbad here. I sat on one at the bike show & its ridiculous. Pretty to look at though.

I agree with Nogbad here. I sat on one at the bike show & its ridiculous. Pretty to look at though.

91015[/snapback]

this is no joke, 5'2" and under only need apply, as for me my wrist hurt just sitting on it at the bike show. very uncomfortable. seat is a plank too.

ya' gotta have this bike you need your head examined!

so why is that, because of the price? Some people can afford it, and don't have a problem with the price. I can't, but have no problem with the ones who can. If the price is right, doesn't make a difference.

What we will see are copys of the bodywork, fitting to other bikes. I have seen a 999 with this bodywork.

so why is that, because of the price? Some people can afford it, and don't have a problem with the price. I can't, but have no problem with the ones who can. If the price is right, doesn't make a difference.

91051[/snapback]

I suppose after I make my down payment on an island in Dubai, I could put a down payment to be on the waiting list for a Ducati with too many cylinders...not that there is anything wrong with motorcycles with four cylinders or women with four breasts.

the_world_dubai.jpg

What do you think? I am thinking about the island of Island (Iceland)

What we will see are copys of the bodywork, fitting to other bikes. I have seen a 999 with this bodywork.

91051[/snapback]

Ah thats a great idea, I love, LOVE the look of that V4 and to put it on a much much more affordable 999, that'd be something. Worth every penny if it can be done bike and all for under say $18,000 (bike 13-15K) :huh2: