Mugello Moto GP (NGC)

stogieBill

Anybody else think last weekend's Moto GP was one of the best ever races yet?

Rossi stepped up to bat and slammed one out of the park. Simply amazing racing.

Lest anyone doubt his abilities now, he showed what a Moto GP champion is capable of, coming from behind with about 6 or 7 laps to go and in 5th place. I was blown away.

Vive Rossi :D

Great race on both Loris' and Valentino's part.

Sad fade by Gibernau.

Was it just me, or did the factory Hondas look a bit down on power compared to the Yam and Duc?

Great race, though. Rossi felt he HAD to win -- and he did.

v50

Guest Jeff in Ohio

Think about this....

If Rossi's Yamaha does not quit in LeMans last week, he picks up 25 points for the win (instead of zero for DNF) and Hayden drops one place back and loses 1 point. That would have put Rossi a mere 8 points out of first.....

Sete dropped back becasue he lost a toe slider and promtly ground thru his boot down to his little toe. He had to readjust his lines and feet placement to keep his little toe from being worn away on the pavement. Said it took 2 laps or so to figure out a new game plan. If that doesn;t happen, imagine the fight at the finish with him added to the mix.

Hayden appears happy to podium instead of blaze for the win. I've watched every race so far and have not seen him stick it in there past people like Loris does....

I've great confidence in Nicky. He slides the rear tire as much as anybody and is gaining confidence every race.

While the smart money's on Rossi, don't count him out yet.

Also, Stoner and Pedrosa have both been amazing -- best rookies since I don't know when. Any of these guys -- or Loris -- or Melandri -- could take it all...

v50

Guest roadholder

He's just the best rider :notworthy:

I still love Capirossi for where he came from (Sport Production like me.. instead of Minibikes which I dont like)

But this was one of the best races in Mugello

Think about this....Hayden appears happy to podium instead of blaze for the win.  I've watched every race so far and have not seen him stick it in there past people like Loris does.......

....who's heading the championship?

....who's heading the championship?

91280[/snapback]

If you look at the 250s Dovizioso is heading the table, finished 2nd or third every race this year. It will intresting to see how that pans out over the year. Currently 20 points clear.

Any championships which have been won without actually winning a race?

I'm saying any of the riders lacks bottle or that cutting edge, just intresting if perhaps some looks at the bigger picture

Any championships which have been won without actually winning a race?

91283[/snapback]

I think Emilio Alzamora won the 1999 125cc title without winning a race. The only rider to have done so.

Absolutely AMAZING race. It was like everybody was racing their last race of their life.

Rossi is... well... Rossi ! But the racing is much closer now given Yamaha's handling problems with the 06 frame. Stoner is hot and Nickey is getting better.

Ducati has their shit together this year thats for sure.

Being from the US I wish Edwards could find his stride given that he finally got with a great team.

I'll be watching every race!!!

Being from the US I wish Edwards could find his stride given that he finally got with a great team.

91288[/snapback]

i'm not from the US, but I also would like Colin to start fighting at the very front as he seems like a good sport and a funny guy. I'm so bored already with Pedrosa or most of the Politically Correct newcomers: i like my champs to be full of life and zest and fun. Looking at Rossi jumping in the air then hugging ol' Capirex was therefore great ! Shumacher apparently had come down to the racetrack on his own bike and he must have think that they know how to have fun in MotoGP and THAT you never have in most sports, especially F1.

this said, looking at the ducatis trying to debark their riders by tankslapping at 320 kmh was an amazing sight too...