Mugello Moto GP (NGC)

stogieBill

Guest goosesport

Red hot racing. Valli said he slowed a bit to let Loris go ahead so he could watch, next thing he knew the train moved on and he was 5th.

Sete seemed relieved afterward to finally be on pace again and have all his toes. Can't help thinking that if it had been Mick Doohan, he would have won with nine toes. Sete is a gent though and good to see him back.

Nicki rode a perfect race -- seemed happy that he had the closest seat to the greatest race in Italy since Ben Hur.

i'm not from the US, but I also would like Colin to start fighting at the very front as he seems like a good sport and a funny guy. I'm so bored already with Pedrosa or most of the Politically Correct  newcomers: i like my champs to be full of life and zest and fun. Looking at Rossi jumping in the air then hugging ol' Capirex was therefore great ! Shumacher apparently had come down to the racetrack on his own bike and he must have think that they know how to have fun in MotoGP and THAT you never have in most sports, especially F1.

this said, looking at the ducatis trying to debark their riders by  tankslapping  at 320 kmh was an amazing sight too...

91324[/snapback]

Well said. :bier:

Valentino Rossi is the GOD. No one is better, no one!!

I just hope his Yamaha lives up to the challenge. I see the big boss CEO of Yamaha was there in the paddock. The mechanics must have been sweating bullets.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest Jeff in Ohio
....who's heading the championship?

91280[/snapback]

Lorris is tied with Hayden, but I imagine that will change in Spain in 2 weeks. Hayden will win Laguna because he has raced it a bazillion times and it is an American track...but that's about it. He won't win the championship. Lorris is due and the Ducati is running strong. Hayden just does not exhibit the fire that the european riders do. What, with quotes like 'Well, I wanted to win today, but we just didn't have it...' etc. The past 2 races Loris has stuck his Ducati right in the side of people and made some amazing passes. I don't see that aggressiveness from Hayden at all.

As motogpnews.com stated in one of their race recaps this year 'nobody likes a boring champion, just ask Alain Prost......'

Honda is the evil empire anyway......

....the greatest race in Italy since Ben Hur.

91344[/snapback]

:) :)

Can i quote you on that one ? :)

hayden may win laguna seca... :grin:

91455[/snapback]

Don't count Rossi out just yet. The track was new to him last year and he didn't even have 4 hours on it and took a 3rd behind Edwards. But he showed some serious learning just prior to the finish when he made up about .8 seconds (I'm a little fuzzy on that exactly) on Colin in a single lap. Plus, he needs the win this year. :food:

There's four more races prior to Laguna Seca and the season is still relatively young. If I was betting on it, I'd put my money on Valentino. :helmet:

I hope Laguna Seca is everything that all you first timers think it will be. Bear in mind, the track doesn't allow for European top end speeds. Not that 160 mph isn't impressive. :notworthy:

Happy trails :mg:

I still think Rossi bagged Laguna last year. Maybe because he and others don't think it is safe enough, he dosn't have much track time there either.

And remember, he was well up on points up till then. So maybe..... he bags one and hopes that Collin can beat Nicky. At one point he got back to business and rushed the leaders only to fall back again. Not the Rossi we know and love to watch again and again.

Come on COLIN :race:

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

FWIW, I think Nicky is still adjusting to MotoGP riding. The race was the first time I've seen him push people around, he seems to be finally riding as aggressively as everybody else. I'm still hoping he gets a win besides Laguna and I think he has a fairly good shot at doing so.

You also have to remember style, Nicky has always been a rider who thinks about the big picture and his success has come more from consistency then fire. He won the US superbike title with only one win that year but very consistent podiums. If he ever wins the MotoGP title I think it will be the same way. A nice guy, yes; Mr. excitement, no.

The Ducatis were hot a Mugello but A. they don't work as well at other tracks and B. other races aren't the home race. As much as I like Capirossi (some friends met him at the USGP, they said he was really funny and very friendly) and want to support my fellow Ductisti I don't think he has much of a chance for the title. Melandri, Pedrosa, Hayden and, of course Doctor Rossi are the people who are going to fight it out at the end of the season. I still think the smart money in on the Doctor but any other the other three could do it as well.

A great race and what, I think, will be a great season. My DVR is loaded and ready and my tickets to the USGP are all setup.

Lex

FWIW, I think Nicky is still adjusting to MotoGP riding.

you must be yoking, he is in he's 4th year in the best founded pit

and on the best bike.

Il Dottore has taken the 1st pole of the year and in impressive style

in Barcelona today. :notworthy:

Nicky retook the WC-lead today at Catalonya

since both Melandri and Capirossi was out after

an awful crash in the first corner, he just needed

to stay on the wheels.

Only 11 bikes finished the race

232618.jpg

232461.jpg

Kenny jr:s return to the podium was the sensation of the weekend