V11 Pillion pegs

S251

Good day to all V11 owners that like to have a passenger, I have been working on a home made modification to move the passenger pegs forward about 180mm and keep the original mount for the exhaust.

As this is my first psot with an attachmet I hope it wrks out OK.

I have a few more pictures showing the fitting on the SCURA.

Guest Nogbad
As this is my first psot with an attachmet I hope it wrks out OK.

91604[/snapback]

It didn't work out ok. I'm awarding you a Golden Bodge Point for 1. failing to upload the attachment, 2. using words like "psot", "attachmet" and the appalling teenage text abbreviation "wrks". These abominations have no place in a serious forum like this. Display your award with pride!

Good day again to all V11 owners that like to have a passenger, I have been working on a home made modification to move the passenger pegs forward about 180mm and keep the original mount for the exhaust.

As this is my second post with an attachment I hope it is a success, old chaps.

I have a few more pictures showing the fitting on the SCURA, however, as a rider aged over 45 years of my IT skills are not as polished as my manners.

V11_Fitting_test.JPG

Good day again to all V11 owners that like to have a passenger, I have been working on a home made modification to move the passenger pegs forward about 180mm and keep the original mount for the exhaust.

As this is my second post with an attachment I hope it is a success, old chaps.

I have a few more pictures showing the fitting on the SCURA, however, as a rider aged over 45 years of my IT skills are not as polished as my manners.

Hi, my question is, if you move the pilion pegs 180mm forward, do you still have space for your own feet? could you post a picture that shows the entire motorbike? if the solution is ok I would be interested in having a pair.

Thanks, Sergio.

however, as a rider aged over 45 years of my IT skills are not as polished as my manners.

91617[/snapback]

:D:thumbsup:

These look really nicely done. I've been drawing something similar to move the Tekno bags forward and lower while looking stylish when the bags are off.

What material did you use and could you explain your methods for cutting and bending?

:D  :thumbsup:

These look really nicely done. I've been drawing something similar to move the Tekno bags forward and lower while looking stylish when the bags are off.

What material did you use and could you explain your methods for cutting and bending?

91624[/snapback]

This was a real home effort in design and manufacture where I made a prototype in MDF with a jig saw first up to check my rough CAD drawing.

For this first production the alloy is just garden variety aluminium 10mm thick that was supplied and water-jet cut from my drawing by one of the local aerospace engineering firms in Sydney for about $200.00 AUD. I think that 12mm should be the minimum thickness for a production run.

A member of the MGOA NSW arranged for the bending the off-set to my specifications for a few bottles of good red wine. He also lined up the engineering firm. So being in the MGOA is a good thing for many reasons.

The bending takes up some of the length and seems to have worked first time but because I was not sure at the time the mounting holes were cut out after the flat cut out was bent. All the mounting holes were drilled out on a small drill press at home. Now that the specs have been confirmed all cutting and drill hole can be done in one go for a professional finish.

Since the last posting I have rounded the edges and prepared the surface for painting to match the original finish. What I really need now is some good looking bolt on passenger pegs.

From my testing the rider of up 180cm in height has enough foot space.

:luigi:

This was a real home effort in design and manufacture where I made a prototype in MDF with a jig saw first up to check my rough CAD drawing.

For this first production the alloy is just garden variety aluminium 10mm thick that was supplied and water-jet cut from my drawing by one of the local aerospace engineering firms in Sydney for about $200.00 AUD.  I think that 12mm should be the minimum thickness for a production run.

A member of the MGOA NSW arranged for the bending the off-set to my specifications for a few bottles of good red wine.  He also lined up the engineering firm.  So being in the MGOA is a good thing for many reasons.

The bending takes up some of the length and seems to have worked first time but because I was not sure at the time the mounting holes were cut out after the flat cut out was bent.  All the mounting holes were drilled out on a small drill press at home.  Now that the specs have been confirmed all cutting and drill hole can be done in one go for a professional finish.

Since the last posting I have rounded the edges and prepared the surface for painting to match the original finish.  What I really need now is some good looking bolt on passenger pegs.

From my testing the rider of up 180cm in height has enough foot space.

:luigi:

91658[/snapback]

lets see some pics from a distance and so forth. :nerd:

lets see some pics from a distance and so forth.  :nerd:

91676[/snapback]

Home anodising is a low cost caustic business. The image quality may not show it up as a smooth blemish free surface compared to the first pictures posted.

anodised_at_home.JPG

bend_profile.JPG