La franconi

Guest Christel

Guest Christel

Hi! I am a woman from Sweden that recentlt bought my first Guzzi.It is a Le Mans rosso corsa.I hawe been riding other Italian motorcycles in the past Ducatis.I deeply regret that i didnt by a Guzzi many years ago since it is a wonderful bike to ride.No i dont use japanese industrial products because i think they are made by wery limited people.There favorite sport is to fight and when it is time to eat they sit on the floor and eat raw fish.When they drink alcohol they dont use it as cool as possible as in civilised countries...no y¨they heat it up and it is considered good manners to slurp when they drink it.All there industrial development is by copying and stealing civilised countries technology.Ewen the Swedish wikings thousands of years ago where more civilised.When it was time to eat for them they sat on chairs and coocked there food :-)

Now to the question i hawe.My bike is standard equipped with la franconi mufflers and on the end of each muffler is 3 torx screws.Is it possible to remove these and take out some inserts from the muffler in order to improve the sound a bit?

Regards

Christel

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest geno929

Hi Cristal and welcome to the forum. I thought about modifing my pipes, but after reading all the posts regarding it. I decided it was way too much trouble and ordered some Fast By Ferracci carbon fiber pipes and can't wait for them to get here. Monday, I hope. I'll let ya know how they sound! Gene.

Hi Cristal and welcome to the forum. I thought about modifing my pipes, but after reading all the posts regarding it. I decided it was way too much trouble and ordered some Fast By Ferracci carbon fiber pipes and can't wait for them to get here. Monday, I hope. I'll let ya know how they sound! Gene.

91695[/snapback]

Maybe I can help, if you don't want to change your cans, or simply can't afford it youre going to need a large drill with an ,at least, 10inch (make sure its a strong drill with good handles these pipes are well put together) from there remove the endcaps the 3 torq bits and set the end caps aside, take your drill with the 10inch long drill bit I'd say 10mm thick would be good too and proceed to drill 9 holes, 3 inbetween each end cap mount you'll have to drill through the end and then push in and drill through the baffel each time, then just cut off the end pipe with the saws all and replace the endcap, it'll sound pretty good.

In reality its really hard and the costs of the tools you might not have and your time you'd be better off getting the Fast By Ferracci Cans if you want Carbon Fiber (they sound like a throaty V8 but not too loud) or get the Mistral can if you want them to look more stock (slightly quieter than FBF) g'luck

No i dont use japanese industrial products because i think they are made by wery limited people.There favorite sport is to fight and when it is time to eat they sit on the floor and eat raw fish.When they drink alcohol they dont use it as cool as possible as in civilised countries...no y¨they heat it up and it is considered good manners to slurp when they drink it.All there industrial development is by copying and stealing civilised countries technology.Ewen the Swedish wikings thousands of years ago where more civilised.When it was time to eat for them they sat on chairs and coocked there food :-

91691[/snapback]

Christel, don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel! I think you will fit in on this forum just fine! :grin:

Welcome to the forum :!: Its nice to have a woman in here for a change lol. Theres an old thread here about modifying the stock pipes. Most people agree that it better/easier just to buy aftermarket canisters. Btw the Rosso Corsa is the best Lemans Guzzi made. :2c:

P.S. Igore the Hooters thread :D

Cristel, ignore Antonio. He is Italian, and thinks he knows better what is on your silencer. It is Lafranconi, not lanfranconi.

For the sound, making holes somewhere in the stock silencers can be done, but only brings noise. Another possiblity is to use the Stucci crossover instead of the stock one, that makes the bike run a bit better and make some more noise.

Other silences do the trick too, making it serious louder, and depending if you like that and the police in sweden, you can do that.

Or make 3 holes from 20 mm in the airbox lid, you will notice that, and can glue that back if you don't

Regaring your Japan fobia, you know Öhlins is owned by Yamaha?

DSC05210.jpg

Guest Christel
Cristel, ignore Antonio. He is Italian, and thinks he knows better what is on your silencer. It is Lafranconi, not lanfranconi.

For the sound, making holes somewhere in the stock silencers can be done, but only brings noise. Another possiblity is to use the Stucci crossover instead of the stock one, that makes the bike run a bit better and make some more noise.

Other silences do the trick too, making it serious louder, and depending if you like that and the police in sweden, you can do that.

Or make 3 holes from 20 mm in the airbox lid, you will notice that, and can glue that back if you don't

Regaring your Japan fobia, you know Öhlins is owned by Yamaha?

91714[/snapback]

Yes i know that yamaha bought the stock majority in öhlins many years ago but the company is still located in Sweden.As i said earlier ...if the japanese need something good the hawe to buy it or copy it from civilised countries :-)

Here is a cross-section of the muffler, posted here http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3959&hl

lafranconi8uk.jpg

The exhaust gasses flow out the A, forward through the pair marked B, and then out C.

If you drill the ends, some of the exhaust goes directly out the A to atomosphere.

Here is an image posted by Mike Stewart

mslafranconi0vb.jpg

Al R. posted an example of the drilling technique

post-5-1058818298_thumb.jpg

Frank and Skeeve posted a great series of images dissecting the muffler, here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3028

and this thread also has some nice images

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7261

This image shows why you might not want to drill it.

You may get inconssistent performance as the steel wool shifts.

MGstructurerevealed.jpg

Here is a cross-section of the muffler, posted here http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3959&hl

lafranconi8uk.jpg

The exhaust gasses flow out the A, forward through the pair marked B, and then out C.

If you drill the ends, some of the exhaust goes directly out the A to atomosphere.

Here is an image posted by Mike Stewart

mslafranconi0vb.jpg

Al R. posted an example of the drilling technique

post-5-1058818298_thumb.jpg

Frank and Skeeve posted a great series of images dissecting the muffler, here:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3028

and this thread also has some nice images

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7261

This image shows why you might not want to drill it.

You may get inconssistent performance as the steel wool shifts.

MGstructurerevealed.jpg

91721[/snapback]

I've never seen you so helpful, I guess if someone needs dlaings help they need have a woman ask him. :huh:

I've never seen you so helpful, I guess if someone needs dlaings help they need have a woman ask him.  :huh:

91724[/snapback]

FWIW You are right, I was biting my tongue not to call her a racist, just because she is a new women on the list. I should not be busting my ass for this racist, but I got caught up trying to find the link to Frank and Skeeve' posts, and did not find them until the end.

I almost went back and editted it all out, but I was lazy and I figured it would be better to annoy the racist Swede by slowing down her internet connection with images...that is how my lazy evil mind really worked.

I really have no need to flirt with an ugly personallity.

...not that I have not bashed you Harley types, but I was alot more civilized in my bashing.

Christel, just because I despise you, don't let me scare you off, I am not much liked around here by all the right wing softcore neo-fascists, and you will find plenty friends here.

And if you do run away, they can all blame me...so either way it is a win win for you.

Ben, you were asking how I really feel, right?

All great humor is rooted in the truth, DLaing. I LOVED Cristel's initial post.

I feel her analysis of Japanese culture was spot-on -- while at the same time a bit unbalanced (ok because her "job" is only to argue HER angle). Most amusing.

Racist -- I think not. Bigoted, perhaps. But bigotry can be defended when it is based upon repeat experience.

Is the kid who no longer sticks his finger in electric sockets "electrophobic?"

Goodnight, race pimp...