ERIN Trip Report

Guy, Looks a bit congested at Boxmeer, once in never getting out?

92764[/snapback]

It was busier than last year- maybe about 300 attendees but it is quite organised with taped gangways for the bikes to be ridden around the site.

I feel sorry for the poor people who were camped close to our tents- I had a really annoying cough, and Magnus kept vomiting throughout the night.

Very nice people though- we met some Dutch guys and gals who we hooked up with last year, and some mad Germans, one of whom was drinking whisky Viking style out of a large horn which he kept sharing around.

The guys from the Islanders MCC who used to host the Bute rally were there in kilts plus a guy who called Steve who camped next to us in Erin.

Excellent atmosphere and basically wall to wall partying- I hope that next year it does not clash with the Germans V11 rally which I would have loved to gone to as well.

We popped up to Teo Lamers and I bought a spare starter solenoid and ordered my gearchange bracket which snapped like yours, though they warned me it may take ages.

Tested my bike without luggage on an unrestricted autobahn and it pulled 140mph on the clock for a about 2 miles uphill until I had to back off because of traffic.

GPS showed it as a real 129mph. There were more revs to come so I reckon downhill it will pull close to a genuine 140mph.

Guy :helmet:

Guest jim fordham

What a top weekend in a great place, nice to meet everyone , only problem was i drunk so much Guinness I couldn't ride , which ment we went back down the pub and missed the rain and so it went on. (my bowls have only just got over the shock!!!). Getting the boat from swansea worked well for us . Only 3 hours from southampton and then 1 hour from cork , worth the extra money. Will be back next year.post-1955-1151260517_thumb.jpgpost-1955-1151260547_thumb.jpgpost-1955-1151260570_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Just a little bit of closure on my problems:

The electrical fault was traced to a disconected wire in the ignition switch, this was soldered into another common wire. All working OK now.

The replacement gear lever bracket arrived on 1st July (3 weeks - GB Spares - may have been quicker as waiting for rear spacer) but I didn't notice it in bottom of the package as more intrested in the regulator at that time only cost £3, less than would have paid/tipped for the weld repair ( if wasn't included in rear bearings). Another lucky talisman to fit under the seat :D