rear wheel hugger

beauchemin

I had recently promised some photos of the CBR600 (99-03) ABS hugger from Pyramid Plastics that I have fitted to my V11.  Here they are:

91969[/snapback]

nice. what did you have to do to make it fit?

nice. what did you have to do to make it fit?

91982[/snapback]

Some minor trimming on the right side to clear the torque arm. The bottom left corner also required some minor trimming to clear the TLM centerstand.

To what did you fasten it and with what?

Looks good.  Is it "high speed" secure?

92083[/snapback]

Attached with two long zip-ties to the swingarm tube, and one zip-tie on the diagonal cross-member which forms part of the swingarm bracing structure. It is very secure - tested to 120 mph with no problems :P .

Guest aironepony

Does your bike have wabi-sabi? (wabi is the appreciation of simple, unadorned beauty, while sabi is the discovery of beauty in an old, well-used object)

No, but mine has a Kemo Sabi it would seem.......noted columnist James Smart observes that the New York Public Library defines "Kemo Sabe" as Soggy Shrub. His entertaining collection is appropriately titled "Soggy Shrub Rides Again and other improbabilities."

......................... :thumbsup:

No, but mine has a Kemo Sabi it would seem.......noted columnist James Smart observes that the New York Public Library defines "Kemo Sabe" as Soggy Shrub. His entertaining collection is appropriately titled "Soggy Shrub Rides Again and other improbabilities." 

......................... :thumbsup:

92171[/snapback]

According to Rob Malouf, a grad student in linguistics at Stanford, there's another possibility: "According to John Nichols' Concise Dictionary of Minnesota Ojibwe, the Ojibwe word `giimoozaabi' means `to peek' (it could also mean `he peeks' or `he who peeks'). Rob continued: "There are several words with the same prefix ["giimooj," secretly] meaning things like `to sneak up on someone'.... It is quite plausible that `giimoozaabi' means something like `scout'.... `Giimoozaabi' is pronounced pretty much the same as `kemosabe' and would have been spelled `Kee Moh Sah Bee' at the turn of the century."

Another suggestion has been that Tonto, (whose name means "stupid" according to some interpretations) responded by calling the Lone Ranger "qui no sabe" which roughly translates from Spanish as "he who knows nothing" or "clueless."

One of Gary Larson's Far Side cartoons shows the Lone Ranger looking in an Indian dictionary and discovering that kemosabe is "an Apache expression for a horse's rear end."

Borrowed from write101.com.

pony peloso

Hairy%20Pony.jpg

92255[/snapback]

But what does this have to do with a rear wheel hugger? Pray do tell us BFG.

The Malaise of the Muflone

of Julia

Reppusa: “Nooooon to avvaleeeere to you maiiiii”

Simone: “But of WHAT, stronza”

Reppuso: “… in the ghetto…”

I: “But vaffanculo, stronzo, `in the ghetto'…”

Slid saturday, to the outcry of “Nooooon to avvaleeeere to you maaaaiiiii”, Bucco Bucci has celebrated the closing of the recordings of its disc. From simple simple cantautore Bravo, ours it has recorded all in a house lost in the gradese campaign, where beyond to the provini of the album as soon as finished (like munto drink little latte ones as soon as), we have been able also to listen of pearls of the hip hop Italian like Fly Valy and Dolbi, than if I do not say to you where to find them �olo and exclusively for their good.

“You want to see the gnu” It makes me Bucco a sure point.

That from the first moment it could seem an audacious sexual offer, instead the gnu was truly, hidden behind the house, in a buio alarming, with a lot of fog and muddy field to cross avoiding sands you furnish.

The gnu it was in realt�n bufalo sad. Large, hairy and olezzante, closed in a hairy and olezzante also he, but less large fencing with pony; and with a third party pony in libert�che it continued to posizionarsi behind our shoulders with curious air.

They are remembered to me that I have fear of the large mammals zoccoluti, have turned on the heels of Converse and are scappata.

Everyone has its terrors.

I “terroro” (neoblog, neologism) of being attacked from a large heavy animal that it treads on to me with its zoccoloni.

Or that it bites to me.

I know that ruminanti in general terms does not bite, but the terrors do not go so much for the thin one.

End of the end: a recording of the moon of behind, song of the Bucco that I would have intentional to feel to Sanremo, in version unplugged with me to tamburello completely outside the time, you I give Meg White to I.

I to Meg White steal the fish to them.

He was: “Not addormentata Julia �veglia or: �nline or offline”.

For Antonio

Il Malessere del Muflone

di Giulia

Reppusa: “Nooooon ti avvaleeeere maiiiii”

Simone: “Ma di COSA, stronza?”

Reppuso: “… nel ghetto…”

Io: “Ma vaffanculo, stronzo, ‘nel ghetto’…”

Sabato scorso, al grido di “Nooooon ti avvaleeeere maaaaiiiii”, Bucco Bucci ha festeggiato la chiusura delle registrazioni del suo disco. Da bravo cantautore semplice semplice, il nostro ha inciso tutto in una casa persa nella campagna gradese, dove oltre ai provini dell’album appena terminato (un po’ come bere latte appena munto), abbiamo potuto anche ascoltare delle perle dell’hip hop italiano come Fly Valy e Dolbi, che se non vi dico dove trovarli 蠳olo ed esclusivamente per il loro bene.

“Vuoi vedere lo gnu?” Mi fa Bucco a un certo punto.

Che a prima vista potrebbe sembrare un’audace profferta sessuale, invece lo gnu c’era veramente, nascosto dietro la casa, in un buio inquietante, con tanto di nebbia e campo fangoso da attraversare evitando le sabbie mobili.

Lo gnu era in realt࠵n bufalo triste. Grosso, peloso e olezzante, chiuso in un recinto con un pony peloso e olezzante anche lui, ma meno grosso; e con un terzo pony in libertଠche continuava a posizionarsi dietro le nostre spalle con aria curiosa.

Mi sono ricordata che ho paura dei grossi mammiferi zoccoluti, ho girato sui tacchi delle Converse e sono scappata.

Ognuno ha i suoi terrori.

Io “terroro” (neoblog, neologismo) di essere attaccata da un grosso animale pesante che mi calpesta con i suoi zoccoloni.

Oppure che mi morde.

Lo so che i ruminanti in generale non mordono, ma i terrori non vanno tanto per il sottile.

Finale del finale: una registrazione di La luna di dietro , canzone del Bucco che io avrei voluto sentire a Sanremo, in versione unplugged con me al tamburello completamente fuori tempo, ve la do io Meg White.

Io a Meg White le rubo il pesce.

Fu: “Giulia non 蠳veglia o addormentata: 蠯nline o offline”.