Time to move on

Guest Bruce

Guest Bruce

Better you should read it here first. Due to deteriorating hip joints my aging carcass can no longer handle the riding position of the V11 so its time to move on. Even with the convertibars, footpeg kit and lots of Advil I'm good for about 40 miles.

I'd prefer the bike go to an enthusiast rather than the eBay/wholesaler route and can be motivated accordingly. A trade might be possible for, you know, an old man bike- smaller, slower and a more upright riding position - and am assuming its some where in New York/New England area.

Finally, and more importantly, I'd like to thank everyone for the technical help, words of encouragement, and good cheer. You don't know how much its all helped. This is a great forum.

Thanks Again

Bruce

Oh, and I just looked at my ad and see I screwed the picture up. I'll work on it, I am better with e-mail.

Guest Nogbad
Due to deteriorating hip joints my aging carcass can no longer handle the riding position of the V11 so its time to move on.

92126[/snapback]

Nevada? Breva 750?

At 66, I totally empathize with you. My Rosso seems to get more uncomfortable each year. My distance riding is now an R1150RT but at one point I even considered a side car rig.

Maybe a Norge or the smaller Breva would be a good alternative.

At any rate, best of luck with whatever you choose and don't leave this board. :thumbsup::stupid:

Ralph

'03/04 EV's are cheap as chips due to the problems, (Now sorted.) with the Hydro motor and the clutches. Thing is that the Hydro motor IS magnificent, I love the Hydro's. You could pick one up for not a lot and while it's a *different* ride to the V11 it still has oodles of all the things that make a Guzzi fun but it's also comfortable for us of a more decrepit nature and can carry everything you're ever likely to need. They also handle surprisingly well!

Alternatively, you could try a Breva or Griso. I'm not a fan of the 'Dog Shagging a Hockeyball' riding position, never have been, but my Griso offers me an upright riding position AND the ability to go really silly in the bends. It may look radical but don't discount it till you've ridden one! :mg::mg::mg:

Pete

Guest Nogbad

Funny. Now I have the Buell, when I get on the V11 I feel upright and comfortable.

I therefore prescribe a Ducati "Paul Smart" as therapy. 2 hours riding that a week and your V11 will feel like an RT