HTM Aachen

Guzzirider

Last year when I was attending the Boxmeer Rally I got chatting to Hartmut of HTM who had a mobile dyno there and was doing cracking business diagnosing and sorting out carburation and injection issue for a long queue of clients.

I was pretty happy with my PC111 set up at the time but he reckoned he could do an even better job because he could adjust both fuelling and ignition curves, whereas the PC111 was only controlling the fuelling.

I decided a few months ago to give him a try and arranged to be at his base in Aachen last Thursday, the day before Boxmeer. He could not do the work at the rally because he needed an internet connection and also a few hours on the dyno.

So last Wednesday morning, Magnus and I set off from Normandy for a 450 mile trip to Germany and rode all day in the pouring rain, only for my bike to refuse to start again in Aachen while we were looking for a hotel.

I rang Hartmut in the morning and he agreed to collect my bike from where it was abandoned.

I had correctly diagnosed a faulty starter solenoid and he happened to have a spare used one in his workshop- bike collected and fixed for 20 Euros!

His business is run from his house in the countryside south of Aachen, and he has an impressive workshop and a dyno set up in his barn. Once my bike was fixed, he downloaded the necessary software onto my ECU to allow him to adjust the settings after disconnecting the Power Commander.

We then went into the dyno room and he warmed the bike up to 80 degrees gradually. He asked me to turn out the lights so we could see my exhaust headers glowing bright orange in the dark!

Firstly he did a diagnosis run, and adjusted the ignition. After some time optimising that, he did some more runs to optimise the fuelling.

He did not take cards in payment so I took the bike for a test run to the local ATM so I could withdraw some cash, unable to resist the temptation to thrash the nuts off it as I left.

Cost for the work was 400 Euros most of which is paid to the software owner. Any subsequent dyno runs and adjustments will be 60 euros now the software is downloaded.

End result? Bike now feels smoother than it has ever been and the flat spot that the my previous PC111 maps could not get rid of seems to have disappeared. Top gear roll ons in particular have improved.

If I was not a perfectionist I could have left my bike as is with the Power Commander and have been happy but I've come so far now so wanted perfection.

I can recommend Hartmut to anyone in Europe- easy to get to from the UK (about 3 hours from the ferries) and he really knows his stuff.

Please do not turn this thread into a whats best PC111 / tuneboy blah blah blah because its been done to death already- I just wanted to give Hartmut a plug cos he deserves it and also want to let everyone know there is another alternative.

cheers

Guy :helmet:

Guest scooterneal

I'm seeking the equipment needed to adjust my own fuel injection. I have a 2000 Basa V11. The PC111 you mentioned would do that? If so, how can I get one.

I'm seeking the equipment needed to adjust my own fuel injection. I have a 2000 Basa V11. The PC111 you mentioned would do that? If so, how can I get one.

92785[/snapback]

Speak to Todd at www.guzzitech.com

Guy :helmet: