I'm In - oh a question or two please

turo

Hello,

It's official, I am now a proud owner of my first Moto Guzzi! I picked up a 2003 Rossa Corsa. Love it! Now that I've put 500 miles on it I have some questions. At 6'1" I'm a bit tall for the ergos. I've seen scatterd throughout the forum suggestions for mods. I'd like higher bars, lower pegs and a better seat so...

Two Brothers Racing and Verlicchi seem to make nice bars that keep the "look" - any feedback or other suggestions from those who've made the change?

A better seat please, any suggestions? Corbin or Mr. Maund?

A read that a good peg change suggestion is to take a set off a Centuro. Again any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

And last, I live in Worcester, Massachusetts, USA. Any rides or events happening in my area?

Thanks for all the help!

-john

The buell footpeg conversion solves a lot of problems at a fair price, do a search in the forum and a landslide of info will appear.

I'm your height too, but I have adapted to the position. At speeds over distance I think the slightly forward position is much better than the spinnaker-situpandbeg-stance. The latter places all the weight on yer bum.

I got moe problems with knee angle, so the Buell thing is what I'll try first.

Congrats on the bike - I think you''ll love it. At 5'11" I have the following ergo mods:

Maund seat

Evoluzione peg lowering

Rubber tubing on the footpegs

MRA windshield (higher than stock)

gel grips

Buell mirrors (no more looking at my arms)

Williamsville bar risers

This set up works well for me (but I don't care to do 500+ mile days anymore).

Hey John nice ride you got there! There are a few events of interest coming up in your area, do a search for mass moto guzzi club they have a weekend planned in Aug which I hope to get to this year. Also I guess their is a Guzzi or italian bike meet in Monson Mass in sept, never been but hope to go. also if interested Max bmw in Brunswick NY (just east of Troy) is having a open house cookout this saturday 11-2 usually some guzzis check it out.

There are a few guys from the northeast on the board here we should all try for a group ride sometime, I get over into Mass quite a lot, I like to give the Goose a good run on rt 2 over the petersburg pass, nice riding out that way.

I installed the MRA taller screen on my Rosso as well as the rubber hose trick to the pegs, its surprising how well that works! I am waiting on a set of adjustable bars made a guy on this board (Zebulon) they look like a great product and another group order will probably be coming up do a search to check them out.

waspp

go with the Maund seat; I'm not sure the Corbin will fit and Rich does nice work.

I've had Buell footpegs and the Evoluzione kit. I prefer the Evo kit (but that's just me). The Buell pegs are about 1 or 2" wider stance than the stock setup. Also, either mod makes the shift lever a bit far from my toe, but this is going to be dependent on what kind of shoe or boot you wear. I made a new shift lever...

Hello,

It's official, I am now a proud owner of my first Moto Guzzi!  I picked up a 2003 Rossa Corsa.  Love it!  Now that I've put 500 miles on it I have some questions.  At 6'1" I'm a bit tall for the ergos.  I've seen scatterd throughout the forum suggestions for mods. I'd like higher bars, lower pegs and a better seat so...

Two Brothers Racing and Verlicchi seem to make nice bars that keep the "look" - any feedback or other suggestions from those who've made the change?

A better seat please, any suggestions?  Corbin or Mr. Maund?

A read that a good peg change suggestion is to take a set off a Centuro.  Again any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated.

And last, I live in Worcester, Massachusetts, USA.  Any rides or events happening in my area?

Thanks for all the help!

-john

93634[/snapback]

Hey John,

The bike is a beauty. My choice for seat is Rich Maund. It's a true improvement over stock, his work is excellent as is his service. I've had a Corbin on another bike years ago and thought it was first rate but since then have heard several bad reports on their customer service. The MotoBits foot peg kit from Moto International is great, and has the bonus of improved gear shift action. It positions the pegs slightly lower and more forward. Greg Field on this board is the contact there, good service from him as well.

Dan

Welcome John! I suggest that you put some more miles on before you change the ergos. You may find that your body adapts. That said, I'm 6'1 too and love the position for about 1.5 hrs, then my old shoulder injury starts to get sore so I may be making some adjustments over the winter.

I'm close to Worcester too so we'll have to get together for a ride some time.

I can field a couple of your questions John. The Buell mirrors are extended versions of the stock mirrors. See here for part numbers:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7807&hl=

I got mine from Paramount Harley in Framingham.

There are 5 relays under your seat that you can easily change yourself. Send this guy a check for $14.50 to get all 5:

http://www.dpguzzi.com/relay.htm

Thank You!

Can you tell me more about the Buell mirrors and the Williamsville bar risers?

Any pictures?

Thanks again?

93719[/snapback]

Hi John - attached are photos. The Williamsville risers bolt right on in 5-10 minutes with no new fluid lines needed. The Buell mirrors do likewise - they are made by the same company that supplies Guzzi so you can leave the base plate attached to the fairing and just bolt on the mirror(and they are only about $45 for the pair!).IM000613.JPGIM000615.JPG

I can field a couple of your questions John.  The Buell mirrors are extended versions of the stock mirrors.  See here for part numbers:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7807&hl=

I got mine from Paramount Harley in Framingham.

There are 5 relays under your seat that you can easily change yourself.  Send this guy a check for $14.50 to get all 5:

http://www.dpguzzi.com/relay.htm

93729[/snapback]

This is the best motorcycle site ever!

I feel so loved!

You guys rock!

I should have bought a guzzi years ago!!!!!

Thank You!

John, quit reading this and go out riding! :lol:

The evoluzione footpeg conversion is now the motobits conversion sold by Moto International (and Greg Field). The motobits may or may not be more adjustable- I really can't say anything about it.

Here's the parts from the Evoluzione kit and the sides of my bike to show you where it positions everything. Greg or others can tell you if the motobits is the same (should be).

p9260019.jpg

Here's my remodelled shifter:

LH2.jpg

and brake:

RH3.jpg

The Evoluzione stuff can be improvised. See the parts list JRT posted. They work pretty well if you have big feet; less well if you have under size-11 feet. Evoluzione didn't want to bother with making any more after one more batch for Moto Intl. They are all gone.

Then, we had a racer and former partner at Moto I, who runs a company called Motobits, make up a set of foot controls. As others have said, try to live with the stockers. If they do not work for you, the Motobits ones work really well for those of us with knee, back, or height issues.

Next, get rid of those crappy Ohlins forks. I have a decent set of used stockers 'll trade you straight across . . .

This is the best motorcycle site ever!

I feel so loved!

You guys rock!

I should have bought a guzzi years ago!!!!!

Thank You!

93733[/snapback]

I think if you're anything like me I came into a guzzi think it would be one of many bikes I own but now think its a bike I will always own in some form. Partly because of this forum.

Hell, Al rothlisberger must have thousands in commission maybe he can take us all out for drinks sometime. :bier:

:xmas:

The Evoluzione stuff can be improvised. See the parts list JRT posted. They work pretty well if you have big feet; less well if you have under size-11 feet. Evoluzione didn't want to bother with making any more after one more batch for Moto Intl. They are all gone.

Then, we had a racer and former partner at Moto I, who runs a company called Motobits, make up a set of foot controls. As others have said, try to live with the stockers. If they do not work for you, the Motobits ones work really well for those of us with knee, back, or height issues.

Next, get rid of those crappy Ohlins forks. I have a decent set of used stockers 'll trade you straight across . . .

93767[/snapback]

Nice try, greg. :D

Uh, no, you can't trade for MINE, either.......