Replacing my goose with a duck.

beauchemin

I love V11 motor and looks, but I never felt "one with the bike" - if you know what I mean. It would have been nice to keep it but I can't justify two bikes at the moment.

I recently test road a Ducati Sport Classic 1000 and I was smitten, except for the brutal handlebar position. So, I've bought a GT1000 and should have it home in a week or so.

If you guys don't mind I'll still hang around - this is one of the best forums around.

Here it is:

newbike.jpg

Hey, if you're gonna defect, you might as well do it in style :D That's a beautiful bike and please keep us posted with your impressions. That said, we all know you'll be coming back to us on a Goose, sooner or later...

:helmet:

I love V11 motor and looks, but I never felt "one with the bike" - if you know what I mean.  It would have been nice to keep it but I can't justify two bikes at the moment.

I recently test road a Ducati Sport Classic 1000 and I was smitten, except for the brutal handlebar position.  So, I've bought a GT1000 and should have it home in a week or so.

If you guys don't mind I'll still hang around - this is one of the best forums around.

Here it is:

newbike.jpg

94239[/snapback]

I am THIS close to following you, not only in dumping the MG, but with your choice of replacement. Only thing probably stopping me is that these things are basically worthless in resale.

I love it, but it's just been too much of a hassle. The service schedule on the new Ducatis is very very good, not like Ducks of old, the first big service is only for oil change, valves are touched only after 15K miles.........No worse than your average Honda........ :blush: That GT1000 looks a lot to me like what the V11 was trying to be but I have no doubts it will be easier to live with and will handle better to boot.

Hmmmm, maybe time to put an ebay ad up and see what happens..........

That GT1000 looks a lot to me like what the V11 was trying to be...

94799[/snapback]

I think spoked wheels would bring the V11 up to par in the cosmetics department...but "real men" don't care about aesthetics, right :huh2:

When are those Alpina spoked wheels going to be ready?!?

PS Gorgeous bike, Chris!

Guest MotoMessiah

I've been lusting for those Alpina's as well for da Buell. On the Buell boards they're saying November. Not sure if that applies to other models, though.

179186.jpg

Guest Nogbad

I think the GT1000 is very close to the V11 in concept anyway. Looks nice. I tried a Smart, but it was too uncomfortable, and then I found a great deal on the Buell, which has turned out to be a very satisfactory bike.

I picked it up on Saturday, put 670 miles on it between Saturday and Monday on the Washington state backroads, and then took it in for its first service yesterday and then rode it home last night.

I am very impressed with this machine. Once you get past the gorgeous looks, the details are very well executed with elegant design and good materials. The stock suspension is unadjustable, but is very well setup from the factory. With effective suspension, a stiff frame, and some Ducati geometry tossed in, it carves up the twisties like no Guzzi I've ever ridden.

The DS1000 motor is awesome with a fantastic midrange. I've installed the Termignoni exhaust kit for the classic Ducati sound. The V11 has more bottom-end torque, as compared to the DS1000 which hits its sweet spot above 4300 rpm.

The riding position is very comfortable for my 6'2" frame. The bike is small, yet accomodates tall riders easily.

I would like to know too!

Me three! :P

BTW Chris . . . I love those classic ducks as well. The Paul

Smart in particular. Good luck with your new toy.

I liked the Sport until I sat on it. The Paul Smart really doesn't do it for me. I could be very interested in the GT - please keep us posted. I need to find a replacement for my V11. Much as I love the bike WHEN IT IS WORKING I need something properly built that I can get on and USE without so many damn problems.

Rj

Hi Tom - yes, the GT has more legroom and less forward lean. I had installed a Ballabio handlebar kit which raised the bars and moved them rearward moderately. The GT is still more comfortable than a V11 with Ballabio bars.

Nice bike Chris :thumbsup:

I was considering a DS1000 Monster before I found my LeMans.

How do the GT ergos compared to your V11? Less forward lean? More legroom?