Tire valve?

dmoon64

Put air in the front tire this morning. When I removed the pump connection to the valve, the air started coming out. It looks like the little plunger thingy (tech term) is gone from the center of the valve.

Is the threaded tire valve stem replaceable without taking the tire off? It looks like a nut is threaded onto the valve stem and tight against the rim. 03 LeMans.

Thanks for the help, Guys.

Darryl

Put air in the front tire this morning. When I removed the pump connection to the valve, the air started coming out. It looks like the little plunger thingy (tech term) is gone from the center of the valve.

Is the threaded tire valve stem replaceable without taking the tire off? It looks like a nut is threaded onto the valve stem and tight against the rim. 03 LeMans.

Thanks for the help, Guys.

Darryl

94353[/snapback]

If your valve stems are stock and anything like those on my 03, they're crap and best replaced in their entirety. Yes, the tire must come off. In the meanwhile, I think you should be able to get replacement inners for a few bucks at an auto parts store.

Guest ratchethack

Darryl, you can buy replacement Schraeder valves. They thread into the stem externally. No need to take the stem out! May I recommend a Schraeder valve tool. You can get the valves and valve caps with the tool molded into the cap at any auto parts outlet. :thumbsup:

Darryl, you can buy replacement Schraeder valves.  They thread into the stem externally.  No need to take the stem out!  May I recommend a Schraeder valve tool.  You can get the valves and valve caps with the tool molded into the cap at any auto parts outlet. :thumbsup:

94356[/snapback]

the same thing happen to me 02 lemans went to my dealer judson cycle sales (the best) put in a set of bmw stainless steel ones NOMORE valve trouble

Guest ratchethack

As OBND and MNLM pointed out, if the stems are at all questionable, best replace 'em as well, possibly at next tire change if you can wait. They're cheap. I think I replaced mine with stainless ones first tire change, but it's been so long I can't recall (dain bramage). . . . . :blush: