Looking for lower clip-ons for V11 Sport

jtucker

Hi everyone -

I'm trying to help a friend find a set of lower clip-ons for a V11 Sport. Does anyone have any experience with a suitable solution? I've got a lower set on my bike, but they came with the Magni kit... not sure if the bars would be available seperately or not...

Thanks!

I thought that on the 2000 model V11 Sports the clip ons are adjustable in height as well as angle due to the bars being mounted under the tripletree. Just move them down....

Wick

Guest ratchethack
I thought that on the 2000 model V11 Sports the clip ons are adjustable in height as well as angle due to the bars being mounted under the tripletree. Just move them down....

Wick

No can do, Wick. The fork tubes neck down just under the part where the clipons clip-on. They also bolt up to the triple clamp via a lug that locates them by a choice of 3 angle positions. -_-

No can do, Wick.  The fork tubes neck down just under the part where the clipons clip-on.  They also bolt up to the triple clamp via a lug that locates them by a choice of 3 angle positions.  -_-

94608[/snapback]

You can lower them about 1.25 cm but that's all. The alignment lug is not absolutely necessary. You're pretty much stuck with buying some clipons from someone like DAS Mototec or installing a set of WP forks because the WP's are constant diameter.

You can lower them about 1.25 cm but that's all. The alignment lug is not absolutely necessary. You're pretty much stuck with buying some clipons from someone like DAS Mototec or installing a set of WP forks because the WP's are constant diameter.

94635[/snapback]

Ahh... thanks, I haven't seen the DAS Mototec bars before. I just looked them up, and they look pretty nice. Not so sure about the 400 Euro tag though... glad I don't need them!

It looks like Woodcraft and Pro-Flo may have bars that will fit the V11 as well, but these bars have no rise at all... so they will be quite low once mounted. They may work, though... we'll see. Contrary to what it looks like on this board, not everyone wants ape-hangers on their V11! :whistle:

It looks like Woodcraft and Pro-Flo may have bars that will fit the V11 as well, but these bars have no rise at all... so they will be quite low once mounted. They may work, though... we'll see. Contrary to what it looks like on this board, not everyone wants ape-hangers on their V11!  :whistle:

94639[/snapback]

But...some us want ape hangers AND low clip-ons. When I bought my bike (03), I switched from the stock clipons to Ballabio risers and bar. A few years later, and I've taken off the risers/bar and switched to Convertibar clipons.(www.convertibars.com)

These are good for me; they go from ~ 1 inch (~2.5 cm) **lower** than stock to several inches higher and rearward. Makes the bike about as versatile as it can be. Might even keep me from thinking about that Duc Sport Classic I foolishly demoed recently. The downsides are that they vibrate more than the rubber-mounted bar (but not more than the stock clipons), and their ID is larger than a standard 7/8" bar, so it's challenging getting barend objects to fit right. Other than that, I'm happy. :thumbsup:

Guest ratchethack
You can lower them about 1.25 cm but that's all. The alignment lug is not absolutely necessary.

This is true if you run the fork tubes even with the top of the triple clamp. But assuming you've raised the tubes by 10 mm (as I have at times), the remaining available grip space to lower the bars is reduced to 2.5 mm. :(

• 2 years later...