Silver V11 sighted, NYC Pizza tour

guzziownr

I like to think this is informational rather than silly banter but feel free to move it.

Silver V11 sighted, I didn't see a red frame. Suomy? hemet that was quite colorful.

Someone on the board? Houston Street, NYC 6:30 approx.

I was sitting outdoors with the loopframe parked out front enjoying a pizza at Arturos as part of my personal tour of NYC's legendary pizza shops.

Shops on the Tour so far:

Grimaldis: Original location under the Brooklyn Bridge. Neopolitan style thin crust. good pizza fresh from the brick oven. Bottom of the pie was soggy necessitating knife and fork. Brooklyn Pilsner in the bottle soothed the saltiness away.

Lombardis: Expanded original location in Little Italy. Cash only, ATM at the bar next to jukebox. Good Neopolitan style pizza as you would expect from this 100 YO storefront. New higher prices unaccompanied by better service. Redone interior lacks charm as does waitstaff. $6 Sam Adams fails to remove sensation of being ripped off.

V&T: Columbia College's landmark pizza at 112 and Amsterdam. Ask for the SDS table in a darkened corner to plot the overthrow of bourgeouis society. Another redone interior adds charm! Clean and spacious, it's a real restaurant that your significant other will not frown at. Reasonable prices! Aged male waitstaff! Great pizza if a little heavy on the crust. Good for marathon pre-event meal.

Arturos: NYU spot/neighborhood legend. Looks like a 1900s row house converted to restaurant. Unisex bathroom has a full tub! Good food, bad brain-dead waitstaff. By the time my Brooklyn Lager appeared I wanted to throw it at the inked-up forty-something hostette. Crusty Neopolitan blackened by contact with the coal-fired brick oven. Sauce on top of cheese a new sensation. We had a plain pie in deference to the taste of the six year old at our table. A little spendy but I might return if I am in the area again.

We repaired to see Dave Alvin and the Guilty Men at the pier. Great show. Texas style blues rock that your significant other can dance to. Ripping solos and fine piano/organ work. See them! Hire them for a rally/wedding/bar mitzvah

http://www.sliceny.com/

20051026ELPCover.jpg

Guest Nogbad

I like to think this is informational rather than silly banter but feel free to move it.

20051026ELPCover.jpg

Looks like it belongs in the "Travel" forum to me!

Grimaldis: Original location under the Brooklyn Bridge. Neopolitan style thin crust. good pizza fresh from the brick oven. Bottom of the pie was soggy necessitating knife and fork. Brooklyn Pilsner in the bottle soothed the saltiness away.

My favorite pizza on this leg of the pizza journey.

Tom

it wasn't me, but let me know when the next pizza tour is.

DiFara's on Ave J is worth the hype and i've heard Totonno's in Coney Island is a good destination spot.

-daniel (silver v11 with a black nolan helmet)

186384776_733198efc3_m.jpg