Bike Dieing?

fedeferr

As u can see, prettty new member. I just got my 02 Scura, preowned but almost new, 5000 miles when i got it 2 weeks ago, now 6000...

I've noticed something weird and i wonder if anybody else in the forum got the same experience and may have found a logic explanation.

Every once in a while, usually in hot weather, i live in South FLorida..., after at least half an hour riding, my bike litterally die. Exactly as when you have an improvvise electrical failure, like when power is missing from the coil all of the sudden on older bikes, the bike just die.

Enough to stop, turn the ignition key in the off position, back on the on position, start the bike and everything is back normal as nothing has happened!!!

No need to wait long time, just few seconds. I've read on the forum about the fuel vaporizing issue and i've understood that it happens once you have turned your bike off, she wouldn't immediately re-start.

My issue, as you can read above, is different, the bike die while riding it, you switch it off, it start again and let you go again...

Any thought on this mistery???

Fed,

Do a search for GEI relays from Dan Prunuske. This is about 60 % sure to solve your trouble. Changing the battery ( Orangeokie will be along in a moment to help you"know the rules") increases your solution chances to 75%.

After that there are a simple series of fixes and tweaks that will likely run the nasty gremlin off. Stick with us and let us know how it goes.

Good luck!

Guest Rocker

As u can see, prettty new member. I just got my 02 Scura, preowned but almost new, 5000 miles when i got it 2 weeks ago, now 6000...

I've noticed something weird and i wonder if anybody else in the forum got the same experience and may have found a logic explanation.

Every once in a while, usually in hot weather, i live in South FLorida..., after at least half an hour riding, my bike litterally die. Exactly as when you have an improvvise electrical failure, like when power is missing from the coil all of the sudden on older bikes, the bike just die.

Enough to stop, turn the ignition key in the off position, back on the on position, start the bike and everything is back normal as nothing has happened!!!

No need to wait long time, just few seconds. I've read on the forum about the fuel vaporizing issue and i've understood that it happens once you have turned your bike off, she wouldn't immediately re-start.

My issue, as you can read above, is different, the bike die while riding it, you switch it off, it start again and let you go again...

Any thought on this mistery???

Before you go off suspecting some awful electrical or fuelling gremlins just check:

Is there a vacuum in the fuel tank - what happens when it cuts out - any stuttering first? If so, just open the filler cap - if it picks up you've discovered the problem.

The fix: Check the breather(s) are in place and not blocked or crimped anywhere.

Keep it Upright,

Rockerob.