Magni Fairing Kit Question

Guest scottd132

Guest scottd132

Does anyone have the Magni fairing kit. I am looking at buying a black kit and wonder how well the paint will match my 2001 V11 in black.

As well are the bars in the kit lower or higher than sock.

How comfortable is it?

And the fairing mount that goes under the tank? What does it mount to?

Your thoughts relative to a Lemans?

Thank You

Scott in Seattle

Ive only seen one, Designed to match the black green and silver early V11's matches the rest of the bik dunno about fade rates though. Bars are lower they mount below the tripple tree riding postion is closer to an 1100 sport than a v11 is it more confortable dunno but its what I would prefere. What it mounts too I have no idea. Certianly not as barn door ugly as the Lemans (oh that should get a few fired up) riding postion is much more aggressive more wieght on the front wheel which is a good thing handling wise. Nicely made the Lemans has definatly more of a touring riding postion IMO wind/ rain protection I have no idea the Lemans is probally more effective.

Greetings-

I have a silver magni kit on my cafe sport (that I will be color-matching to the original flyscreen) that has definitely changed the look and feel of the motorcycle tenfold. The riding position change for me from the stock high-bars to the clip ons mounted under the top clamp was a HUGE change. From what I understand however once can purchase some aftermarket controls to ease this a bit. The kit I received came second hand, it mounts to the frame using two auxillery brackets (that I had to fabricate) and one must also re-mount the dasboard to the top clamp because the exisiting headlight mounts on a v11 sport naked will not clear the faring mount.

If the kit has all the parts to it, and is reasonable, I reccomend it. The position change / fork geometry change (I had to raise the forks in the clamps to get the clipons to mount) has increased the handling capability (in my opinion) at the expensse of long-distance comfort, but the more I ride it the less I mind.

:2c:

- Joe K

04 Cafe Sport

84 V65SP

The bars are lower. May be a problem for some, but I prefer it that way... a more "sporting" position, I feel, and it gets you out of the wind a bit more on long trips. The farthest I've gone on that bike in one day is about 750 miles... I didn't have any problems with the bar position... ie, my back was fine, but my ass hurt like a sonofabitch. Of course, YMMV.

As for the brackets that mount the sides of the fairing, they bolt to the top of the valve covers.

The kit comes with very minimal instructions, and some of the pieces may cause you to scratch your head a bit at first... but its not too bad from what I recall.

Can't speak for the black finish, but the silver was a dead match.

I have the black kit, which I haven't mounted to my 2000 Sport, because of the lowered riding position. I like the position where it's at so I got a GIVI bikini fairing and it's just fine.

The black matches well to my bike.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2000 V11 Sport with a factory color matched green Magni fairing.

My comments: 1) I like it a lot, and the riding position is perfect for me. 2) It was on the bike, but I did remove / install it when I recently replaced a broken speedo cable (a real pain!). 3) Feel free to email or phone Magni in Italy, as Giovanni is slow in responding, but a real nice guy who will personally answer your questions. 4) It is next to impossible to precisely adjust the fairing where it contacts the fuel tank near the edges. I tried to install rubber tubing, etc., to no avail, and now am searching for touch up paint to repair the scratched paint. Nothing really serious, but something to watch for. I did my best to use rubber spacers on the metal fairing mount that attacehs the fairing to the valve covers. 5) Overall -- get the Magi fairing, as it is really cool, deflects wind, and adds style to your MG.