That was shot mid-last year at Apex just outside of Vegas. There's another track here in SoCal that most of those guys go to while in town, Grange, where this was shot of me last year testing the Corona/Pacifico Huskies for Moto Euro Mag;

CoronaHusky-TE-LG.jpg

Fun for sure.

That was shot mid-last year at Apex just outside of Vegas. There's another track here in SoCal that most of those guys go to while in town, Grange, where this was shot of me last year testing the Corona/Pacifico Huskies for Moto Euro Mag;

CoronaHusky-TE-LG.jpg

Fun for sure.

Nice darkie there!!

I wonder if I could get Corona / Pacifico to sponsor me too?

Todd, you be the man!

maybe with that KTM, even mere mortals like I can learn to slide the back wheel...........

If I can't rationalize $13K for that bike, I can always 'play' around on a Suzuki 400SM........I hear that one's a hoot too.

Gentlemen --

Meet your new champion. #69.

I'm a long-time fan, but this shows me that #3's time has come and gone.

All hail Nicky -- 'til next year when Pedrosa starts takin' names and kickin' ass.

Damn fine video. Far beyond my capabilities.

v50

Gentlemen --

Meet your new champion. #69.

I'm a long-time fan, but this shows me that #3's time has come and gone.

All hail Nicky -- 'til next year when Pedrosa starts takin' names and kickin' ass.

Damn fine video. Far beyond my capabilities.

v50

oh I dunno mix one part balls and one part complete disregard for everything you learned on a street bike and you'd probably be alright. I'd really like a supermoto if nothing else than to jump curbs and go where I want when I want, well without breaking too many laws that is. Would be the perfect toy. Might not be a bad investment although getting a place to go offroad is well over an hour away. I couldn't see riding one of those for an hour on the open road, ick.

Great video.

back in the early 70's we were running what I think were some of the first Supermotos anywhere at Carlsbad Raceway in Socal. (I could be wrong about this though). At the time it seemed even more outragious than today. We ran in two rider teams with only one rider from each team out at a time. Think tag-team race. Half to two thirds of the race was on the Carlsbad motocross track (the old downhill still gives me shivers) and the paved portion used the 1/4 mile dragstrip, return road and pit road. What a blast to be sliding the old TM250 Suzi with full knobbies around on the tar.

I never was much of a racer but somewhere around here I still have the results from one race where I finished ahead of some kid by the name of Marty Tripes. But then he must have crashed or pulled a DNF.

Sure would be fun to try one of the new bikes.

Dennis in Maine.

awesome. I just priced a KTM 950SM, but after seeing that, I'm not sure I can handle it!

no worries,

the 950 is too heavy anyway

more like a commuter bike dressed up like a SM.

450 is more like it for serious fun

back in the early 70's we were running what I think were some of the first Supermotos anywhere at Carlsbad Raceway in Socal. (I could be wrong about this though). At the time it seemed even more outragious than today. We ran in two rider teams with only one rider from each team out at a time. Think tag-team race. Half to two thirds of the race was on the Carlsbad motocross track (the old downhill still gives me shivers) and the paved portion used the 1/4 mile dragstrip, return road and pit road. What a blast to be sliding the old TM250 Suzi with full knobbies around on the tar.

Dennis, so did you run the actual "Superbikers" on ABC back in the late 70's/early 80's? This was founded by Gavin Trippe, and infact did run at (the now gone) Carlsbad Raceway (very sad). All the photos I have show moto-x bikes with 19" dirt-track wheels and tires. I haven't seen any photos of knobbie-clad bikes. Jeff Ward who won a few then, still does very well in AMA Supermoto, and is infact leading the points in the premiere class right now. AMASupermoto.com

Dennis, so did you run the actual "Superbikers" on ABC back in the late 70's/early 80's? This was founded by Gavin Trippe, and infact did run at (the now gone) Carlsbad Raceway (very sad). All the photos I have show moto-x bikes with 19" dirt-track wheels and tires. I haven't seen any photos of knobbie-clad bikes. Jeff Ward who won a few then, still does very well in AMA Supermoto, and is infact leading the points in the premiere class right now. AMASupermoto.com

Nope. We raced there in 1973 or 74 Before Superbikers came to be. Thats why I'm wondering now if the races we ran were the beginning of the concept. Seems like I remember reading about Supermoto in Europe at about the same time but its so long ago now I've all but forgotten.

I think everyone ran full knobbies as we were all motocross and desert race oriented out to try something different. I suppose there may have been some TT inspired bikes as well and they would have been on the old Dunlop K-whatever tires they were running. I seem to remember a bunch of CZ's cleaning up.

:2c: K70 or 81's :homer: old. :(

Nope. We raced there in 1973 or 74 Before Superbikers came to be. Thats why I'm wondering now if the races we ran were the beginning of the concept. Seems like I remember reading about Supermoto in Europe at about the same time but its so long ago now I've all but forgotten.

I think everyone ran full knobbies as we were all motocross and desert race oriented out to try something different. I suppose there may have been some TT inspired bikes as well and they would have been on the old Dunlop K-whatever tires they were running. I seem to remember a bunch of CZ's cleaning up.