Rossopurro tail section in the USA

pShenk

I'm looking at this tail section:

Rossopurro tailsection

And am wondering if any yanks have ordered this, how long it took, and if there were any issues putting it on a V11 sport. Do the stock turn signals mount underneath it with no problems?

Ideally, I'd like to mount a fender eliminator kit also, like this one:

FBF fender eliminator

although if I got the rossopurro part, I wouldn't need the LED tail light in the FBF kit.

Anyone have a setup like this on their sport?

I found another thread that where people have been having great success ordering from Rossopuro.

I'm still intersted to see any pics of the tail section and fender eliminator though, if anyone's got em of their bike.

I have the FBF eliminator kit on my bike. It was an easy bolt on thing that works well. I used aftermarket smaller turn signals though. If you ride in the rain much though you'll need to put a plate in the hole under the tail. Thats no big deal though, I never ride in the rain so I dont worry about it. Btw it makes the bike look 100% better. :2c:

I'm looking at this tail section:

Rossopurro tailsection

And am wondering if any yanks have ordered this, how long it took, and if there were any issues putting it on a V11 sport. Do the stock turn signals mount underneath it with no problems?

Ideally, I'd like to mount a fender eliminator kit also, like this one:

FBF fender eliminator

although if I got the rossopurro part, I wouldn't need the LED tail light in the FBF kit.

Anyone have a setup like this on their sport?

pShenk, see my recent post on this thread.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8373

Yes, I have the tail section. It is a great quality piece in terms of aftermarket skins but is by no means a quick install. It comes bare fiberglass with a bit of mold resin still on it...so you'll spend some time prepping it. No holes are pre-drilled either....which is actually a good thing since you can do it for your specific application. Once I finished it, I really must say that it looks awesome...though I'm still trying to find some clear replacement lenses (no luck yet). As I mentioned in the other post, my goal was to have the tail area as sleek as possible so I installed a run/turn/brake controller and only use the 2 lights for everything and just have my license plate with a LED license light undernieth with a Rossopuro bracket. Only complaint is the depth of the light socket needs to be about 1 inch deeper (there is plenty of extra space behind it) so you could fit modern LED brake light bulbs.

I have my bike in pieces right now doing a few things....but will have it back together later this week and can post a pic if you like.

One more warning on the tail piece....it is molded off of the newer style (02+ bikes) V11 tail that is hollow. Worked fine for me and had plenty of room form my Signal Minder and PC-III to fit between it and the frame (important since you lose the OEM "trunk" spot for your tools), but a friend of mine has a 01 with the solid style tail which bolts completely different to the subframe. We haven't gotten around to mocking it up yet on his bike....but it will not be nearly as easy as the 02+ bikes.

hope this helps

Yes, I have the tail section. It is a great quality piece in terms of aftermarket skins but is by no means a quick install. It comes bare fiberglass with a bit of mold resin still on it...so you'll spend some time prepping it. No holes are pre-drilled either....which is actually a good thing since you can do it for your specific application. Once I finished it, I really must say that it looks awesome...though I'm still trying to find some clear replacement lenses (no luck yet). As I mentioned in the other post, my goal was to have the tail area as sleek as possible so I installed a run/turn/brake controller and only use the 2 lights for everything and just have my license plate with a LED license light undernieth with a Rossopuro bracket. Only complaint is the depth of the light socket needs to be about 1 inch deeper (there is plenty of extra space behind it) so you could fit modern LED brake light bulbs.

I have my bike in pieces right now doing a few things....but will have it back together later this week and can post a pic if you like.

One more warning on the tail piece....it is molded off of the newer style (02+ bikes) V11 tail that is hollow. Worked fine for me and had plenty of room form my Signal Minder and PC-III to fit between it and the frame (important since you lose the OEM "trunk" spot for your tools), but a friend of mine has a 01 with the solid style tail which bolts completely different to the subframe. We haven't gotten around to mocking it up yet on his bike....but it will not be nearly as easy as the 02+ bikes.

hope this helps

Hi gh67,

I also fancy the Rossopuro tail section as I find the OEM thingie too lardy.

I'm still in search for a good looking replacement for the standard seat and rear section and the Rossopuro could be an alternative. Other alternatives could be the Duc 916/996 monoseat but I've seen too many Guzzis with that solution so I've put that on hold. Honda's SP1/SP2 looks pretty good, too, so I'm checking ebay randomly for parts.

BTW, could you be a sport an post a pic of your RP tail?

Thanks in advance.

Søren

I' will back up the comments above on the FBF tail light kit. The Schumacher LED light included in the kit is very directional, and as a result is difficult to see the brake light come on during daylight, and the running light is impossible to see during daylight.

Ciao, Steve G.

hope this helps

Yes, thanks, that helps a lot. I ordered it yesterday (I hope it went through, I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet), along with a red anodized "indicator cover", and some injector covers. I really want the red anodized resevoir caps, and the red cardon bar also, but it looks like they are out of stock.

I see on your other post that you got the billet triple tree also. I see a pic of it on their site, but no link to order it. What color choices did you have? Do you like it?

Thanks again for the info.

I ordered a gold cardan bar and head covers a week or so ago i got a reply saying the bar was not in stock and they would contact me when it is. He also said the holiday time in Italy was starting so you may have to wait till thats over before they reply :thumbsup:

Gary :mg:

Yes, thanks, that helps a lot. I ordered it yesterday (I hope it went through, I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet), along with a red anodized "indicator cover", and some injector covers. I really want the red anodized resevoir caps, and the red cardon bar also, but it looks like they are out of stock.

I see on your other post that you got the billet triple tree also. I see a pic of it on their site, but no link to order it. What color choices did you have? Do you like it?

Thanks again for the info.

glad to help. As I mentioned, I should be able to get you some pics up later this week (maybe weekend).

I had them take a polished triple tree then anodize it black so it would have a glossy finsih and match some other parts. I also choice to have them made without the handlebar holes (I have risers for that purpose). When I went to order the tripple tree they were out of stock and would have to make some more.....and if I wanted one without holes then it would not be a problem. Aside from being backlogged at his machinest and taking a few months, it was not a problem. Fit and finish were excellent. Only thing I had to tweak was to shim the ignition switch so it wouldn't stick through so far (new tripple is not as thick). Oh ya...the new tripple is shaved out in the middle....which looks sweet.....but there isn't much too pretty below it when you look down through. In fact, I think I'll be using some black touch up on a few bare aluminum spot so it's not as obvious.

For anything you order from them I would not trust their website "in stock" indication....you should actually email Paolo and ask to confirm. Fair warning from someone who's waited a long time for a few items.

I ordered a gold cardan bar and head covers a week or so ago i got a reply saying the bar was not in stock and they would contact me when it is. He also said the holiday time in Italy was starting so you may have to wait till thats over before they reply :thumbsup:

Gary :mg:

That might explain why I haven't heard anything. Do they get the month off like France does? Crap, their holiday time = my biking time! :race:

Guest MikeC

I installed the FBF kit and like it. I purchased aftermarket LED turnsignals from a local Honda dealer that match the FBF light in shape. The install was easy. I did make a plate to cover the hole out of SS and painted it black.

Price was right and it does not take away from the stock look only enhances it.

• 3 weeks later...

BTW, could you be a sport an post a pic of your RP tail?

Søren

sorry for the long delay in getting some pics...just recently had time to put the bike back together after a few projects.

Here are some pics of the Rossopuro tail piece, triple tree, and exhaust flanges.

img0854resizeib1.th.jpg

img0853resizenc6.th.jpg

img0855resizeas6.th.jpg

img0859resizept0.th.jpg