Michelin Pilot Power flats

Mr. Bean

So I have been riding for about ten years now and in all that time have never had a flat tire....EVER.

Around January I replaced the original Metzlers on the Ballabio with the Michelin Pilot Powers....love the tires! By far the best grip of any tire I have had rain or shine.

I manage about 2000 miles on them before what looks like a small piece of formica :wacko: puts a cut in the rear and I have to have it replaced.

Now just a couple months later and 2000 miles later, another flat...this time courtesy of a simple, but large nail. :doh:

These tires are noticeably softer than others I have had even to the point that I have regularly pulled out sharp pebbles from the tread that have luckily not gone all the way through.

Should I just expect that this is the price paid for stickier rubber? Has anyone else had similar experiences with these tires or other sticky tires compared to their dual compound kin like the Pilot Roads?

Now where did I put my karma bell....

i'd say nothing to do with the powers. i'm running them on front[roads on rear] had bt 014 and 020 previous. and not one flat ! on my other bike [muz] i run bt 45's [not exactly soft] 2 punctures in 20,000 k .screw and gutter bolt. :huh2: it's murphys law...

Should I just expect that this is the price paid for stickier rubber? Has anyone else had similar experiences with these tires or other sticky tires compared to their dual compound kin like the Pilot Roads?

I've had my share of flats on the Ballabio (5 rear, 1 front!), but none recently and none with the Powers (tho 2 of 5 rears nailed were Roads). Just R&R'd my rear Pilot Power from wear and about to put second one on.

I've had the same experience as you with pebble-picking, and agree that the Powers are awesome. Have given me enough confidence--perhaps too much!--to lean more, including scraping my right can the other day, a first for me. :race:

Bill

I've had my share of flats on the Ballabio (5 rear, 1 front!),

Bill

Wow! I think I'll stop complaining now! :P Hopefully I won't be matching that trend Bill. I think it's worth sticking to the Powers then...they really are amazing tires when they have air in them.