Magni Faring, revisited

Beuphonium

Greetings All:

Anybody with a Magni kit out there that can fully tell me exactly what is supposed to come in the kit?

I received the following:

2 - Brackets on which to mount the gauge cluster mounts.

1 - Headlight mount / Faring Bracket

1 - Faring

1 - Windscreen

2 - Valve cover faring mounts

1 - modified cap for the steering stem, into which bolts...

1 - ...faring cross-brace

1 - Set of Clip-ons.

I fabriacted a set of brackets to attach the lower portion of the faring mount to the frame.

Now, upon closer inspection, I installed the new speedo cable, and it promptly got smashed on the faring bracket the instant I turned right. 80 miles later, my new cable snapped.

Is this kit supposed to come with an adapter of some sort for the speedo cable to prevent this from happening? If so, where can one obtain one?

Yes, the kit should come with a 90-degree angle adaptor for the back of the speedo. I'm pretty sure its a standard part that any dealer can get, but I'm not sure. I'll see if I've got a part number.

Guest magniv11

Greetings All:

Anybody with a Magni kit out there that can fully tell me exactly what is supposed to come in the kit?

I received the following:

2 - Brackets on which to mount the gauge cluster mounts.

1 - Headlight mount / Faring Bracket

1 - Faring

1 - Windscreen

2 - Valve cover faring mounts

1 - modified cap for the steering stem, into which bolts...

1 - ...faring cross-brace

1 - Set of Clip-ons.

I fabriacted a set of brackets to attach the lower portion of the faring mount to the frame.

Now, upon closer inspection, I installed the new speedo cable, and it promptly got smashed on the faring bracket the instant I turned right. 80 miles later, my new cable snapped.

Is this kit supposed to come with an adapter of some sort for the speedo cable to prevent this from happening? If so, where can one obtain one?

That would explain it..... though admittely over the past 1000 miles or so my bike still has 3500 miles on it. I would, however, like to know how fast I'm going, even to the point where I'm considering either a GPS, or, if I can find one, a Sigma bicycle computer.

That 90 degree adapter makes sense though now that I look at it.

• 8 months later...

it seems i have a similar problem. although now i need a replacement 90-deg adapter. i smashed mine by not taking off the stock angle adapter first and then getting a little aggressive when checking clearance in the garage (OOPS!). anyone know where i can score one? i have emails into Magni and a few of the Guzzi shops here in the US (it's monday) so we'll see what happens. and i guess i might check the local Ducati shop tomorrow. anyone have any other ideas?

it seems i have a similar problem. although now i need a replacement 90-deg adapter. i smashed mine by not taking off the stock angle adapter first and then getting a little aggressive when checking clearance in the garage (OOPS!). anyone know where i can score one? i have emails into Magni and a few of the Guzzi shops here in the US (it's monday) so we'll see what happens. and i guess i might check the local Ducati shop tomorrow. anyone have any other ideas?

90 degree angle drives are readily found from speedometer rebuilders. Google will reveal many.