Scura Sold - Thanks for the memories

dbdicker

Well, it had to happen.

It's not really because the device was flawed, that it handled eccentricly, blew gearbox springs, rattled away switchgear and threatened to explode it's clutch at any moment........

No, not really. I loved my MG, but I am also a fickle motorcyclist. I've been through 14 bikes now and counting, and my garage will really only hold 2 bikes at a time. With the ST1300 capably handling long trips, the scura was moved out in favor of this..........

ktm950sm1%2005.jpg

OOOhhhh, goes like hell, stops like hell.........light, handles a treat........doesn't break your back with a riding position and looks to be super high quality..............be very jealous :D

I'm gonna miss this forum a lot. Whenever I had a problem, you guys were there to help me sort it out. Since the new buyer came on the ad for my bike here on this forum, I'm hoping he'll become a member and part of your community; that way, the bike 'stays in the family'........kind of.

I'll lurk a bit, dream of Guzzis which surely I'll be back on one day.........it was about 10 years between my 850-T5 and the V11........probably won't be that long a gap to my next Guzzi.

thanks and see ya'

Dan

I'm gonna miss this forum a lot. Whenever I had a problem, you guys were there to help me sort it out. Since the new buyer came on the ad for my bike here on this forum, I'm hoping he'll become a member and part of your community; that way, the bike 'stays in the family'........kind of.

I'll lurk a bit, dream of Guzzis which surely I'll be back on one day.........it was about 10 years between my 850-T5 and the V11........probably won't be that long a gap to my next Guzzi.

thanks and see ya'

Dan

Be well , ride on safe. Anytime you think of a Guzzi I would suggest the Sport1100i late models with helical gearbox,double clutch plates, have this bike (though the Corsa) for 45tkm and thank God, no problem at all .I tickle it a lot but it always is sunny sunday ride. :drink:

:bier:

Damnit,

Dan, gonna miss you . It was fun to meet you and many other guys from the city .

Christ!!, it was funny most people from the city new the roads up here better than we did

Good luck with your new toy Hope to see you soon.

Chris

Guest MotoMessiah

Be well , ride on safe. Anytime you think of a Guzzi I would suggest the Sport1100i late models with helical gearbox,double clutch plates, have this bike (though the Corsa) for 45tkm and thank God, no problem at all .I tickle it a lot but it always is sunny sunday ride. :drink:

Thread hijack.

Say, what years had the helical gears on the Sport 1100i? And any good sites for the Sport 1100i?

Guest ratchethack

ktm950sm1%2005.jpg

Dan, I b'lieve I understand what you did, even though why you dumped the Guz is a bit beyond me. :huh2: You can always find more room if'n y'er properly motivated. :P

I'll bet I enjoy my "KTM Wanna be" XT600E for many of the same reasons that you love y'er KTM. Yeah, I know all about the LC8 motor. It's more of a "wanna be" LC4. There's little comparison 'twixt the two.

But in a Road Geez kinda way, I'm sure there's more to the similarities than a passing resemblance, however faint. I recently did an "intervention" on this bike (it was considerably different than a simple resurrection, being a slow death in-process <_< ). At 11 years old, now she runs like a Champ after decking the head, re-piping and re-jetting, and many life-saving operations too numerous to mention. Yeah, I know it's ugly enough to turn a train down a dirt road, but that don't stop it from being a competent, fun ride in its own right. :thumbsup:

I most heartily recommend the many virtues of a big single with serious offroad heritage in the chassis. There's nothing quite like trading off with the Guzzi to appreciate the differences in capabilities and sheer enjoyment of riding altogether different kinds of terrain. :wub:

Well, it had to happen.

It's not really because the device was flawed, that it handled eccentricly, blew gearbox springs, rattled away switchgear and threatened to explode it's clutch at any moment........ . . .

Did somebody on here buy it Dan?

funny.....that ducati GT1000 was MY 2nd choice behind th KTM!!

Guzzi riders seem to be drawn to 'certain' kinds of bikes......I leave it to you guys to analyze the crossing characteristics of the classic Duck, my new KTM and the V11........meantme, see you down the road!!