Just an update & thanks

Guest Paul F.

Guest Paul F.

No replies neccesary. Just wanted to thank everyone for all their help on my interest in purchasing a V11. I'm hoping I can find something fairly local and support a local dealer. Having trouble finding any V11 locally(250 miles). Thanks to all I have talked/e-mailed to. Just wish I could find something a little closer. All that I've contacted with have been very enthusiatic and helpful. Their are definetly some very good MG people out there. Thanks again. Next time I post I hope I can say a Guzzi found me. :)

No replies neccesary. Just wanted to thank everyone for all their help on my interest in purchasing a V11. I'm hoping I can find something fairly local and support a local dealer. Having trouble finding any V11 locally(250 miles). Thanks to all I have talked/e-mailed to. Just wish I could find something a little closer. All that I've contacted with have been very enthusiatic and helpful. Their are definetly some very good MG people out there. Thanks again. Next time I post I hope I can say a Guzzi found me. :)

Paul:

I can certainly understand the desire to find something "local" but don't rule out a short (under 1,000 miles) trip to get your dream bike. I found my Tenni in Fresno, California and I live in Portland, Oregon. I didn't come straight home, but the maiden voyage for me was about 800 miles and it was great. I bonded with the bike, she didn't let me down on the trip, and I got a cool adventure out of the deal. Find a cheap flight/bus ride/train and go get her and ride her home. People in the security line at the airport look at you funny when you board a plane with a helmet handy, but who gives a poop?

So, expand your search to 500 or even 1000 miles, block out a long weekend (labor day is not too far away, Dude!) and go get her.

Ryan

Hey Paul,

I'm 184 miles from Auburn IL in Pleasant Valley IA. We have a great dealer in Riverside IA. just south of Iowa City. Another hour and a half west of me. What are you looking for?

Feel free to PM me if you want.

Darryl

I agree with "taking a drive" to find your ride.

I found my Scura on Cycle trader.com . It was approx. 100 miles away at a dealer.

He was very helpful with past history and photos. We agreed upon a price and took a small deposit over the phone.

The key is knowing that if the bike isn't all that it should be that you have to be ready to walk away! -_-

Don't let emotion cloud your decision to purchase. There are plenty of bikes out there.

I was fortunate as it was everything and more (a couple of accessories, fact. service manuals etc. included) so loaded her in the truck and took her home.

I think driving to pick up a used bike is preferable to flying unless you know before hand that everything is 100% which could be confirmed by a trusted friend or other source.

Good luck and keep looking. Your right MG people here are GREAT! :drink:

Guest Paul F.

Hello Again. Hope I don't upset anyone here. New, very new, dealer about 100 miles away. Really nice to talk to a shop that knows MG. Wow! Anyway, no V11's in house . BUT, they had a 07? Grey Breva. Sorry guys, I put down a deposit. What was I thinking, Moto Madness. Fantastic people that really know riders, Guzzi's and although a new start up operation, will have 2 trained MG mechanics. The owner is a mechnic also. Yeah! I still love the V11 variants, just a very good deal was presented and 99.8% sure I'm getting the Grey Breva. Updates to come. Thanks again for all the positive support here.