Riding Boots

wheelsucker

After seeing some pics of a guys foot after a crash at 45mph I've decided to get some pants and boots. I got a pair of Joe Rocket textile pants that can be worn over my regular pants, but am wondering what others are using for boots and how you like them. I don't want a high boot and I like laces over zippered boots. I'm currently looking at the Alpinestars Recon boots, the Tour Master Response SC waterproof boots, and the ICON Field Armor "Chukka" boots. Any opinions or boots I'm missing and should consider?

If this is in the wrong forum please move it.

I just got mysetf a pair Daytona nonstop boots, with goretex, so water doesn't get in. For dry weather I have Sidi Vertebra. Daytona is German handmade.

http://www.daytona.de/english/boots_e/gore...nonstopgtx.html

Yep Daytonas are excellent quality boots. Besides, they provide TOP safety wthout looking like a G.I.Joe shoe

The boots I have hard crash tested my self were the WINNER model.

I still have them after 7years, but need repair on the sole

Now I have the EVO Sports they have an extra half inner shoe made of Carbon kevlar or so (looks like buletproof to me :lol: )and very exact but comfy fit cause of the inner lining,even though it belongs to the racing boots , I use them for my touring days without problems.Worth every penny.

Then I have also these Alpinestars SMX3 (older model) for every day and the Winners.

. I don't want a high boot and I like laces over zippered boots.

I have the daytona boots as well and am happy with them. Have you considered alt berg boots, they do a couple of lace up versions, dont know if you get them in the usa though :huh2:

Gary

I have the daytona boots as well and am happy with them. Have you considered alt berg boots, they do a couple of lace up versions, dont know if you get them in the usa though :huh2:

Gary

I'd say try Altberg, too. They are all CE approved and are really good value, especially as they are hand made. I have 3 pairs of them, both zippered and lace up and can't rate them too highly.

Richard

For those with wide feet I'd recommend Kochmann touring boots.( made in EU) very comfortable to walk in, side zippers as well as Velcro side flaps, Vibram type sole for traction...had mine for over 2 years as daily moto commute boots...

Guest goosesport

Well, if you want protection, you need to look for armour on the shin, ankle and toe. You don't want it too flexible on the sole or ankle.

Race boots like Oxtar, Sida Vertebra, Alpinestar Smx use a jointed plastic brace to protect the ankle. Top line race boots from Alpinestar, Dainese use a stiff inner boot covered with a soft outer boot.

London motorcycle couriers often use motocross style boots -- see Aerostich Combat Tourer for example.

Goosesport in the UK

Among my small armada of riding boots, I own a pair of boots from Altberg, their Albion Classics. Essentially a carbon copy of the famous English made Gold Tops, and Frank Thomas Cafe Racers, they are well made, not waterproof, comfortable, and offer so-so ankle protection. I love the dual buckles at the ankle, and dual buckles at the top, 18" high.

I was riding my Alpine Stars touring boots when I crashed last month. They definitely did their job, as the bike crushed my left foot/ankle. Just the same, I'm still having problems with the ankle, but I may not have had an ankle to worry about had I been wearing low cut boots.

From my early days as a poor commuter in the winter rains of south west B.C., I own English made Derry Boots, really just black Wellingtons shaped to look like Gold Tops. 100% waterproof, very warm, very minimal crash protection and minimal support, terrible to walk in.

I'm looking for a hybrid motocross/enduro boot right now, something that one can walk in, but lots of strength.

Ciao, Steve G.