what's the best aftermarket v11 seat?

Guest parvo

I have an 04 ballabio that I love, except for the uncomfortable seat. What's the best aftermarket seat for the money? I'd like to still be able to use my rear seat cover.

Any thoughts?

If anyone has a used one for sale, let me know. Thanks.

I copied this from an old post. IMHO Rich is the best in the business. He's done enough V11 seats to know what you want. He has a 7 day turnaround and uses your existing seat.

Folks

It's been quite some time since I posted here. Sorry for that. Work and many bike Rallies get in the way. This has been my busiest year yet! And I want to thank those of you who had me rebuild your seats this year. Many of my materials and costs have gone up. The soaring cost of fuel fueled was responsible for much of that. I raised my seat rebuild price earlier this year but kept the old price for those of you here who wanted your V11 Lemans or V11S seats re-done. I did that in thanks to this group for all the business they've sent my way. I promised to hold that price until the end of '05, and I will. That's a $30 savings on the rebuild.

So if anyone else here would like their's rebuilt, just contact me and mention that you're a member of this board! You'll get the discount.

I recently rebuilt my web site below to reflect how much Ural sidecar work I do. But I repaired and retained my seat photo page. (The link has been broken somehow for a few months.) There are many examples of rebuilt V11 seats there to see.

A rebuild just takes a few days and I overnight it back to you in the USA. Feel free to e-mail me from my site or PM me from here if you'd like to discuss a job. Thanks!

--------------------

Rich Maund

Rich's Cycle Upholstery

"Your Ass Will Thank You"

http://www.geocities.com/rgmaund/RichsCycl...l?1069633040109

'03 Ural Retro Custom Rig "Oleysia"

If this link no longer works, I have his phone number at home. He lives in Chesapeake VA

757-487-4592 an it MIGHT still be rmaund pinn net

I have an 04 ballabio that I love, except for the uncomfortable seat. What's the best aftermarket seat for the money? I'd like to still be able to use my rear seat cover.

Any thoughts?

Ditto on Rich Maund. Great work, great service.

I'll chime in here on a 5 star comfy scale, I've had a stock, corbin and then Rich Maund and sat on a sargent, In order of comfort stock gets Two&half stars the Corbin gets three stars but you have to break it in, it starts at 2 stars and works its way up to 4 stars so it gets 3 stars. The sargent is like the corbin but not as good, it is really hard and takes forever to break in so it gets 2 stars and rich maunds seats are 4 star outta the box you can get it to look however you like and even go a little crazy on the padding if you want something for 2 up, Honestly there may never be a 5 star goldwing style seat for these V11's but then I would think you'd just buy a goldwing if thats your problem. :huh2:

:2c:

Rich is the one to contact.

On the BMW forum, Sargent and Mayer seem to be the most popular with Corbin not as highly regarded. I've had three Corbins (on a HD, BMW, and Triumph) and loved them.

I tried Rich for the Rosso and his work is top notch - a very comfortable seat. As has been said, everyone has a different butt (just look at J Lo) and what is great for one person might be almost unbearable for another. I don't think that you'll go wrong with Maund however.

Just got back from a 200 mile ride on my brand new Rich Maund 02 Lemans seat, what a difference, comfy, stable and the first seat I've had that actually made me faster in the twisty bits.

I've only put 200 miles on it, but I'm hooked. GO RICH!

Any thoughts?

My last Guzzie came with A Russell " day long seat" (02 Quota). I've never been on a more comfortable seat. The problem is that it would look really strange on a V11. After a few more long days on this sad excuse for a seat (stock) I may part with the money and endure the jokes as I ride away... :bike:

My '02 Guzzi came with a Rick Mayer (www.rickmayercycle.com, photo attached). Unusual yes, but not so much as a Russell. The saddle is comfortable for as long a day as I cared to put in (~600 mi). Recently picked up a stock saddle for sportier riding, intending to keep the Mayer for touring. I found the stock seat OK (am 6'2" 190 lbs), so I'm parting with the Mayer. I estimate the seat has no more than 5k miles and is in great shape. New is ~$600. I'll post on classifieds but you're welcome to email if interested.

I'll vouch for Rich Maund's saddle quality as I came across one before ordering the stock replacement. Would have it today if it had worked on the '02 and later bikes. Rich is a big help and class act.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mattress

I have butt burn with the stock seat. First e-mail with Rich Maund and he says he won't touch V11 models after 2002 because the mods are too serious.

Did you sell the mayer seat?

I have butt burn with the stock seat. First e-mail with Rich Maund and he says he won't touch V11 models after 2002 because the mods are too serious.

Did you sell the mayer seat?

The Mayer seat is out to another forum member on trial. Will let you know if he doesn't like it.

I just had Rick Mayer manufacture a seat for my 2003 MG LeMans. I'm very pleased with his work. My butt feels "planted" and I can ride all day. Here's a not so great picture with the seat.

BrianGuzzi_in_Gaspe.jpg

I live pretty close to jacksonville florida where Sargent is located. Was getting a new ducati seat for a monster when they mentioned they could upgrade the 2002 Scura seat. Seeing as how I was going on a 3000 mi. trip I said what the heck. And the end of this story? No complaints.

The seat doesn't really look any different...it just feels a lot better. I had to find the old reciept and it looks like I had Super Cell foam installed and the cost was $119. here's a pic. They did nice work.

St.

DSC02013.JPG